PDA

View Full Version : After school kids driving me crazy

windles
21-03-2017, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone.

After school I have 3 kids that are driving me crazy they shout at each other constantly are constantly trying to get each other in trouble.
I could really do with some ideas on how to deal with them I have sat them all done on several occasions and have told them about my house rules. The next day they are all back at it again.

Any advice would be great.

Many Thanks.

Susie.

sarah707
27-03-2017, 07:13 PM
If the older ones are impacting on little ones then you have a difficult decision to make...

The eyfs says - Childminders
3.41.At any one time, childminders (whether providing the childminding on domestic or
non-domestic premises) may care for a maximum of six children under the age of
eight.

Of these six children, a maximum of three may be young children, and
there should only be one child under the age of one. A child is a young child up
until 1st September following his or her fifth birthday.

Any care provided for older
children must not adversely affect the care of children receiving early years
provision.

FloraDora
27-03-2017, 07:45 PM
You don't say how old these after schoolers are.

I would involve them in planning activities linked to their interests. I find if children are actively occupied they argue less and if they have contributed to planning activities they get involved more. Getting them to work together on a task often helps too.
Outdoor activities if possible, is another behaviour management strategy. Problem solving, building dens, tracks, fairy gardens, dinosaur worlds, planting seeds and plants, feeding the birds, watering the garden, long walks, feeding ducks etc. Activities that make them think and work as a team.
Music making, baking and craft also distract arguments I find, if you provide snack or dinner they could help prepare.

They could create a setting way of behaviour, that way instead of being your rules, they have some ownership to them.