PDA

View Full Version : Im back!

Hebs
20-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Hi eveyone!

after almost 3 years out of minding I have returned!

Aubree is now 4 years old and getting ready to start school, Mark is just Mark only older :laughing: and Melissa has been living in Manchester for 2 years, studying at uni and working hard.

I currently childmind an 11 month old part time and a 3 year old and I will have a baby starting with me after easter hopefully on the days I don't have the 11 month old (she will be 1 by then)

trying to catch up on everything ive missed such as the funding :rolleyes: the eyfs changes etc etc:thumbsup:

loocyloo
20-03-2017, 06:52 PM
HELLO!

welcome back ... WOW! how did your little girl get so big and grown up?!

enjoy catching up with all the changes, and I look forward to chatting.

loocyloo xxx

Mouse
20-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Hello and welcome back!

:waving:

SYLVIA
20-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Hello and welcome back. It's nice to see some old names reappearing on the forum again. Glad to see you've got plenty of work too

mumofone
20-03-2017, 10:02 PM
welcome back! I wasnt around 3 years ago...how come you took a break? x

PixiePetal
21-03-2017, 12:46 PM

I have still been minding, lots of us 'oldies' are now FB friends, family things took over. The joy of teens and early twenties rather than toddlers!

It's been nice to see names on here from the 'old days' and hello to the newer ones :waving:

tulip0803
21-03-2017, 01:54 PM
Hello :clapping: Welcome back xx Can't believe she is so old seems like only a year or two ago you were pregnant - time goes so fast x

Hebs
21-03-2017, 04:47 PM

I had another baby after a 14 year age gap ;) so took some time out to spend with her, then I worked in private nurseries for a while

and I cant believe shes 4 either!!!

PixiePetal
21-03-2017, 08:20 PM
It's like we have never been away 😂

Wish I was young enough to have had another in my break but I guess it's grandchildren next for me -with any luck! But not too soon 😊

Mouse
21-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Wish I was young enough to have had another in my break but I guess it's grandchildren next for me -with any luck! But not too soon 😊

That's the route I've taken! It's wonderful - a baby in the family, but one you don't have to get up in the night for :thumbsup:

hectors house
21-03-2017, 10:21 PM
I had another baby after a 14 year age gap ;) so took some time out to spend with her, then I worked in private nurseries for a while

and I cant believe shes 4 either!!!

I remember you having her about the same time as my first grandson was born, he was 4 in February and I struggle to believe that he will be off to school in September. Welcome back :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
22-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Welcome back :clapping:

How much has Aubree grown :eek:

Hebs
29-03-2017, 02:24 PM
She had her tonsils out on Monday, and you wouldn't even think she'd had anything done!!!

kindredspirits
29-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Hi hebs! Nice to see you back, I've also been taking a forum break, I sort of fell out of it when my daughter was born 5 years ago but carried on minding, I've had another since then who is nearly 2!

Hebs
31-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Oh wow that's great to hear!!!

I worked in nurseries for a while (and hated it, ended up reporting one to Ofsted for serious safety breaches!!!)

I had held off minding thinking it would be better for Aubree, but she's loving me childminding. her best friend from private nursery left with her and came to me!! :clapping:

mumofone
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Oh wow that's great to hear!!!

I worked in nurseries for a while (and hated it, ended up reporting one to Ofsted for serious safety breaches!!!)

I had held off minding thinking it would be better for Aubree, but she's loving me childminding. her best friend from private nursery left with her and came to me!! :clapping:

Oh goodness, why did you hate it? I've been wondering recently with my child not far off shcool age whether to take a job in a nursery...what would you say the advantages/disadvantages are over being a childminder? I like the idea of leaving work at work so to speak and only having my child at home but not sure i could get hours to suit dropping them off at school and picking them up at 3.15 x

Great that your daughter loves it and that her friend came too - high praise indeed :-) x

Hebs
01-04-2017, 08:39 PM
I was baby room leader and often left in sole charge of up to 11 babies!!!
They regularly went over ratios, had no evacuation cot and the babies never had any outside play.... ever!

I hated being stuck in 1 room all day as I'm used to being able to go out and about (imagine no outside play in summer.... ever!?!?)
I thought I'd have more quality time with Aubree by working in a nursery but infact the opposite was true, and I didn't like having to leave her to look after other kids!
I missed having a say in how to help kids progress, being restricted by managers who frankly didn't have a clue and I was often explaining why they couldn't do something or having my ideas ignored yet when I did them anyway they loved it!!

I'm much happier minding again, and it will be my main focus for the next 3-4 years at least as my main aim is to finish my BA Hons in early years and work in a school nursery (which I am doing on Fridays from September voluntary to gain hands on experience)!