PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours Q & A from DfE

sarah707
13-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Dfe were asked some questions about the 30 hours by NDNA - their answers are here -

Department for Education | NDNA funding response (http://www.ndna.org.uk/NDNA/Need_to_know/NDNA_funding_response.aspx).

Many providers are very concerned about these responses. My initial thought is that they have done the trials, found out what providers have had to do to get the 30 hours to work financially - then said 'no we won't let you do any of that from Sept' ...

I'm not sure where to go next with this. what do you all think? :panic:

BallyH
13-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Yes this is worrying 'we can't do this, we can't do that' so what are we going to do?

loocyloo
13-03-2017, 08:30 PM
hmmmm ...

it DOES say that the provider can choose when to offer funded sessions, and that a parent has to be able to access those without having to pay for anything additional - so I take it, that if you decide you can ONLY offer funded sessions on a Tuesday from 7-8am and Friday 4-6pm, then if those are the only hours a parent wants, then they take them as funded and pay nothing extra. However, if they want other hours, then these hours are not available as funded sessions and are payable.

I am only offering funded sessions to children currently with me, and I (already) only offer funded sessions to children who do more hours than they will use funding for, and they (already) pay a 'session' fee for the rest of the day, which covers the loss in funding and the extra hours.

SYLVIA
14-03-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm going to a discussion meeting in a couple of weeks time about the 30 hours. However I wasn't planning on offering the funded hours and the more I read the less likely I am to offer it. I just wish they would say that a top up fee could be charged (a reasonable one). My La give £4.30ish at the moment and I charge £5.50. I'm pretty sure parents wouldn't mind paying £1.50 themselves. Then I'd still provide food and pay for outings etc. Happy people all round I think