PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave...which paperwork to keep??!

hel187
05-03-2017, 10:40 PM
I was registered in April 2015 and have not yet been inspected. I will be going on maternity leave at the end of this week. I have contacted Ofsted who have said that they may do a "no children on roll" inspection whilst I'm on maternity leave.

My question is- what do I do with the info I have about the children in my care? It is likely that only one will be returning. I'm particularly concerned about all of the lovely learning journals I have completed for the children, of course they will be given to the families to take to their next setting but will Ofsted want to see them if they have left my setting as evidence of what I actually do?
Is that allowed?!
I can't help feeling a little 'unresolved' that I have not had an inspection and will have to start again when I return to work?!

Any advice appreciated!!

sarah707
07-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Ofsted are required to inspect you within 30 months of registration ... they really don't like inspections when cms are on maternity leave but sometimes needs must :/

They will talk you through what you would do with a child - and make sure your safeguarding is up-to-date - and check your first aid...

Learning files go home with the child - safeguarding and welfare information is stored securely until the child is 21 years 3 months old for insurance.

I hope all goes well :D

hel187
07-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Thank you Sarah!

loocyloo
07-03-2017, 10:22 PM
I was registered in April 2015 and have not yet been inspected. I will be going on maternity leave at the end of this week. I have contacted Ofsted who have said that they may do a "no children on roll" inspection whilst I'm on maternity leave.

My question is- what do I do with the info I have about the children in my care? It is likely that only one will be returning. I'm particularly concerned about all of the lovely learning journals I have completed for the children, of course they will be given to the families to take to their next setting but will Ofsted want to see them if they have left my setting as evidence of what I actually do?
Is that allowed?!
I can't help feeling a little 'unresolved' that I have not had an inspection and will have to start again when I return to work?!

Any advice appreciated!!

I was moving house 200 plus miles away and expecting an inspection within a few months of moving! With parents signed permission I copied an entire LJ! And had it bound. I hoped that then, if I had an inspection, I could show what I would do/how I did LJs as an example rather than a specific child.
As it was, I wasn't inspected for several years and by then I had relevant LJs to share!!