PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours funding challenge

sarah707
20-02-2017, 05:45 PM
A challenge has been lodged against the Govt to the Competition and Markets Authority saying that they are under funding the sector and abusing their legislative powers.

While this is nursery-driven it will benefit childminders if it proves successful.

More information here :)
Childcare Group reports Government ‘abuse’ of the childcare market | Parenta.com (http://www.parenta.com/2017/02/20/breaking-news-childcare-group-reports-government-abuse-of-the-childcare-market-to-competition-authority)

Mouse
20-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the link Sarah.

I did read it but I'm not sure I totally understand it! Anything that puts a spanner in the works has got to be a good thing though :thumbsup:

BallyH
20-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Yes please 'remove the word free and allow the funding to be used as a subsidy'.

Thank you Sarah for sharing.

mumofone
23-02-2017, 09:14 PM
My LA has announced their funding rate for 3-4 year olds and its significantly below what i charge so i wont be offering it.

BallyH
24-02-2017, 04:25 PM
My LA has announced their funding rate for 3-4 year olds and its significantly below what i charge so i wont be offering it.
At least you now know and can move forward. I'm still waiting to hear so am still sitting on the fence.