PDA

View Full Version : Nappy Disposal/Sanitary bin

Jo1502
19-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering what you have for a nappy disposal/sanitary bin? I'm currently pre-reg and going through everything to make sure that i've got it all in place ahead of the visit from Ofsted. Do I have to have a special and specific disposal bin or can I buy a general bin but only use it for that?

Thank you!

sarah707
19-02-2017, 07:42 PM
I have a labelled swing bin outside - I throw the nappy bag into it and empty it through the day into the big bin when I get a moment and the children are safe such as when they are asleep :D

moggy
19-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Nothing special needed- I put nappy sacks outside the back door and drop them in our general household refuse bin when I have a moment. Never heard of nappy disposal being an issue for Ofsted.
We do not need commercial-type waste facilities as we are working from home.

Jo1502
19-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Thank you!

I thought i'd heard rumours somewhere that you had to get a specific bin, and then pay however much for the waste disposal instead of putting it in the normal bin.

All horror stories, clearly!

moggy
19-02-2017, 09:23 PM
Thank you!

I thought i'd heard rumours somewhere that you had to get a specific bin, and then pay however much for the waste disposal instead of putting it in the normal bin.

All horror stories, clearly!

If you were a commercial nursery then yes, it is business waste.
And I too have heard of stories like that, and if your local authority mis-understood CMing, or you were creating massive amounts of nappy waste needing a larger bin, you may have to argue your case. But I have never come across that myself. Even you have 3 a day in nappies it still isn't that much volume amongst a normal family's waste. Best chat with local CMers to be reassured on how your local authority see it.