PDA

View Full Version : I'M SUPER NEW- HELP!

oscarsmummy
09-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Hello everyone!!

I am so new, not only to this site but to childminding in general.
I have been thinking about childminding for about the past 5 years, since having my son 19 months ago the thought has become so much more real!

I work full time and I really don't see him enough, it's so frustrating that every penny I earn goes on childcare meanwhile I don't get to see my child.

I thought I would come here to ask for some advice really, where on earth do I start with becoming a child minder please?

What are the 'rules' or prerequisites?

Thank you in advance!

sarah707
10-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Are you on Facebook?

Ofsted have a new registration page which will guide you through the process - Childcare Registration | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ChildcareRegistration/)

This handbook will also be of help - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551134/EY_and_childcare_reg_handbook.pdf

I hope it goes well for you! :clapping:

moggy
10-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Speaking to your Local Authority would also be a first step- the Early Years dept, they may have introduction sessions for those wanting to be a childminder. Search for local childminder groups on facebook, it is really useful to meet and talk to local CMers- things do vary from one county to the next, and your local CMers will be your lifeline for advice, company and support!
Good luck with it!

mumofone
11-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Hello everyone!!

I am so new, not only to this site but to childminding in general.
I have been thinking about childminding for about the past 5 years, since having my son 19 months ago the thought has become so much more real!

I work full time and I really don't see him enough, it's so frustrating that every penny I earn goes on childcare meanwhile I don't get to see my child.

I thought I would come here to ask for some advice really, where on earth do I start with becoming a child minder please?

What are the 'rules' or prerequisites?

Thank you in advance!

welcome to the forum :-) x