PDA

View Full Version : 8 and above care

Aparna Raman
20-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Hi,

I am new to childmindinghelp.co.uk. Few friends and neighbours have asked if they could tutor their sons/daughters after school. So I am planning to pick them up from school , give them a snack and tutor them till their parents come and pick them up. I am essentially looking to tutor only over 8 year olds in my home . Since this is childminding and tutoring combined, not sure where to start. Ofsted says I do not have to register if I am caring only over 8 year olds.

Could anyone shed some light on this as what paper work and legalities I should complete for this?

Also I have about 3 parents showing interest and may include upto 5 children for after school tutoring, is there a restriction on the number of children over 8 years I can pick up

TIA

sarah707
21-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the Childminding Forum!

I am not sure you are in the right place ... you need support with over 8s for whom you do not need to be registered.

I think you probably need a tutoring forum / Facebook group where you will get advice on appropriate paperwork and insurance for older children.

Good luck with your new venture! :D