PDA

View Full Version : So many calls!!

katickles
10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I really can't believe how many calls I have had just in the last week or so reguarding childcare!!

Whilst on holiday, I came home to 4 enquiries. Oh & then 1 cancelled contract (not started yet though)

I have also had 2 emails & then today another call.

There is a possibilty of minding 1 of them (you may have read a previous thread) & then the lady that called today is coming to see me tomorrow. Really excited about that one as its a 5 1/2 year old girl, last 2 weeks of summer holidays & if all works well maybe a school & Collection afterwards.

Will get some things out ready for the visit, but as I only mind so far for under 2's what do you reccommend? Was thinking drawing & art & craft things??

Mollymop
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
That's great! I have had lots of calls lately too.
The other day I had one cancel their appointment to see me and within 10 mins I got another phone call parent appointment. It is going crazy round here at the moment.

LisaH
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I love it when loads of people call lol. Trouble is it only sems to happen when i am full! If i have spaces it takes ages to fill them.:)

I only get drawing things out for the kids when parents come round, best thing to keep them occupied. Although if my own children are present they like to show them around the house!:)

brillminder
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
sending good vibes to you:) good luck:clapping:

chels55
11-08-2008, 07:01 AM
lucky you, last enquiry i had was a few weeks ago but couldn't take on the little girls age. I now have the space (typical)

miffy
11-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Good luck for today!

Offer some art and craft things but also ask the little girl what she likes to do that will give you some ideas for activities if she does take up the place

Miffy xx

Pudding Girl
11-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Kerry can you not call them back in case they still not foudn anyone?

Lovely to see so many people getting enquiries, the mad dash for Sept now isn't it, with people who left it to the last min!! If only it were this busy all the while :rolleyes:

devoncm
11-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Glad to see you getting loads of calls
good luck for today

send some vibes my way

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Good luck for tomorrow. Art/crafts is great but agree with Miffy, chat to the child and see what she likes/dislikes to get a feel.

Wiggly
x

Bushpig
11-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Great news this, yes! It is amazing how calls come in bouts... some weeks I get 4 or 5 queries, some weeks none.