PDA

View Full Version : Newly registered, not yet working - tax return required??

Hollyhock
11-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Hello,
I've received my Ofsted certificate on the 3rd of January and haven't got any children lined up yet. I've had loads of expenses - my registration process started in April 2016 and it took until now to be completed.
My question is, do I need to do a tax return - the deadline for which would be really soon, I heard -? I'm not yet registered with the HMRC.
Would it be possible to wait until next tax year and then still add my expenses for setting up the business?
I doubt I'd be able to work out a tax return in time for this year as I've never done one before...!
Help will be greatly appreciated!

moggy
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Hello,
I've received my Ofsted certificate on the 3rd of January and haven't got any children lined up yet. I've had loads of expenses - my registration process started in April 2016 and it took until now to be completed.
My question is, do I need to do a tax return - the deadline for which would be really soon, I heard -? I'm not yet registered with the HMRC.
Would it be possible to wait until next tax year and then still add my expenses for setting up the business?
I doubt I'd be able to work out a tax return in time for this year as I've never done one before...!
Help will be greatly appreciated!

The deadline approaching is for the tax year 6 April 2015 to 5 April 2016.
Expenses from April 2016 are in the following (current) tax year 6 April 2016 to 5 April 2017 and that deadline will be Jan 2018.

Hollyhock
11-01-2017, 10:09 PM
The deadline approaching is for the tax year 6 April 2015 to 5 April 2016.
Expenses from April 2016 are in the following (current) tax year 6 April 2016 to 5 Aphril 2017 and that deadline will be Jan 2018.
Really? Ah, thank you, thank you - you've made my day! :)