PDA

View Full Version : my new mindee's from....

emmadines
10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
poland.

should I look at things from poland eg the flag?

I thought maybe at some point they could make a polish flag?
do you think that would be ok? I dont want to single him out as it will only be him (6 years old) and my sone of the same age. then you will have my daughter who is 2 years (all be it going on 16)

crazybones
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Maybe not right away but you could ask him/her about what they know about their culture and if they are interested in learning anything else or teaching you anything. If so it will probably open up loads of subjects you could cover. Good Luck.

emmadines
10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Maybe not right away but you could ask him/her about what they know about their culture and if they are interested in learning anything else or teaching you anything. If so it will probably open up loads of subjects you could cover. Good Luck.

hummm I suppose I could always do it in the last week of the hols as I only have him till they go back to school.

crazybones
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Havent looked properly but there is some stuff here

http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/poland/index.htm

Minstrel
10-08-2008, 06:19 PM
And if you dont want to single him out them why not talk about lots of flags with the two of them. Talk about people coming form different countries and languages , food, climate etc?

Just had a thought - sorry to hi-jack - is it appropriote to point out skin colour? i mean when talking about people from hot climates such as africa having black skin or are you supposed to wait for them to ask?

emmadines
10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
And if you dont want to single him out them why not talk about lots of flags with the two of them. Talk about people coming form different countries and languages , food, climate etc?

Just had a thought - sorry to hi-jack - is it appropriote to point out skin colour? i mean when talking about people from hot climates such as africa having black skin or are you supposed to wait for them to ask?

yes I think thats deffinatly worth looking at!! I will do this weeks topic on getting to know each other and maybe next diff culturse eg diff flags etc.

we are supposed to be multi cultral afteral!

LisaH
10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
One of my mindees is half polish, half portugese. Another is Lithuanian. I also have South African children! Definately lots of varied conversation in my house. Lol:)

tulip0803
10-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Before I moved I had mindees from the Philippines, Mauritiaus, India, Ireland and South Africa. I still got asked if they were all mine wherever I took them in the holidays:rolleyes: .

elaineg
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
My kids are half polish, I have mindees from China, Poland, Africa, Caribbean and India, my mam says its like visiting the United Nations when she calls in.

love Elaine XXX

emmadines
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
My kids are half polish, I have mindees from China, Poland, Africa, Caribbean and India, my mam says its like visiting the United Nations when she calls in.

love Elaine XXX

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

butterfly
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
i've had a swiss boy who only spoke french and japanese and tomorrow i have a family visiting who are german i think! lucky i speak both languages!!

samgeordie
11-08-2008, 02:37 PM
one of my mindees is half german, i think its good to have children from different cultures/countries, makes things more interesting and good for the children learning about other countries too