PDA

View Full Version : ni payment

It's a small world
22-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi. Last tax year I had a good income. However during the summer I lost 2/3 of my income. I've done my tax return and I'm not sure I can afford the ni class 2 and 3 payment by the end of January. Would they allow me to pay half one month and half the following month? Or spread it out.? I've sorted for April's 2016-2017 tax year. And no how much I have to save to pay for that. Any help appreciated. X

loocyloo
22-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Hi. Last tax year I had a good income. However during the summer I lost 2/3 of my income. I've done my tax return and I'm not sure I can afford the ni class 2 and 3 payment by the end of January. Would they allow me to pay half one month and half the following month? Or spread it out.? I've sorted for April's 2016-2017 tax year. And no how much I have to save to pay for that. Any help appreciated. X

I don't know, but give them a call and sort it out. I'm sure you are allowed to set up payment plans.

Hugs.

It's a small world
22-12-2016, 08:50 AM
I don't know, but give them a call and sort it out. I'm sure you are allowed to set up payment plans.

Hugs.

Thank you x

sunnymeadkids
24-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Thank you x

I was just looking at the National Insurance contributions as like you I cannot afford to pay them in one go as my earnings this year have only been 5500. I have opted not to pay voluntary contributions this year, as far as I have read I can top up any I missed going back 6 years... However the Government has announced that Class 2 NIC will be abolished in April 2018

You need to make 35 years of full national insurance contributions to be entitled to a full state pension and any related benefits

Maternity allowance
Contribution-based jobseeker's allowance
Contribution-based employment and support allowance
Widowed parent's allowance
Basic state pension
New flat-rate state pension
Bereavement benefits

You can check your national insurance record here Check your National Insurance record - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record)

You can get some information about class 2 Ni here National Insurance - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance/national-insurance-classes)

If you are still unsure I would call HMRC