PDA

View Full Version : When your child is sick

mumofone
05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
What dyou all do when your own child is poorly but you could feasibly have your mindees? Do you offer parents the choice?

Ellisha
05-12-2016, 11:12 AM
What dyou all do when your own child is poorly but you could feasibly have your mindees? Do you offer parents the choice?

Yes I offer parents the choice. If it's a tummy bug then I close or anything else nasty like chicken pox. I have looked after mindees before if my kids have a slight temperature or nasty cough that's keeping them off school or preschool.

FussyElmo
05-12-2016, 11:43 AM

Depends on what is wrong with your child? How much looking after they need etc.

I always work with the motto if I would accept a mindee with it then yes I stay open. But if I would refuse a mindee then I close.

I never give the parents the option of make the decision else you can find that even when your child is poorly so you have to close they expect you to have their child as in other times.

loocyloo
05-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Depends on what is wrong with your child? How much looking after they need etc.

I always work with the motto if I would accept a mindee with it then yes I stay open. But if I would refuse a mindee then I close.

I never give the parents the option of make the decision else you can find that even when your child is poorly so you have to close they expect you to have their child as in other times.

Same here.
Although, now as my children are older, if they could be 'quarantined' upstairs, I would probably still work.

Maza
05-12-2016, 08:25 PM
It is a tough one. As others have said, it depends on what is wrong with your child.

mumofone
06-12-2016, 09:57 PM
My child was sick (vomited) so i thought it onyl fair to tell them but said i myself was fine and up and ready to work so they could make the call. They didnt send their kids and im grateful they didnt, i just felt bad for telling them i was shut (thouh i probably have to shut anyway right?)

mama2three
07-12-2016, 06:27 AM
yes , really you should be shutting - especially if youre a registered food business.
That said , rightly or wrongly I don't always close if one of mine is ill as they are older and can , like loocyloo says , be confined to quarters upstairs!