PDA

View Full Version : Take a bear home

It's a small world
30-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Hi. Thinking of introducing a bear in the new year for the children to take home and a way of getting parents to work with me more ( have lovely parents and think thy will like this idea. ) anyone do this? What do you have and send.? Was thinking a overnight bag little book to fill in, pjs, a book to read from my house?

loocyloo
30-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi. Thinking of introducing a bear in the new year for the children to take home and a way of getting parents to work with me more ( have lovely parents and think thy will like this idea. ) anyone do this? What do you have and send.? Was thinking a overnight bag little book to fill in, pjs, a book to read from my house?

I have tried this a couple of times ... some families loved it and were really keen, others not so! After a while it fizzled out and no one ever asked!
I used to have a monkey that came out and about with us and could go home, but I found that it was only me that was interested! I think it is probably because the majority of my LOS are 3 and under and it's a bit too old for them.

I do think it's a lovely idea though and with work from you and supportive parents, it could be really good.

Pixie dust
30-11-2016, 05:37 PM
We have a bear which goes home with the children, we have had it about a year now, he doesn't go home with the children all the time otherwise I think the parents would get a little fed up with it. We also take him out on our trips and use the bear photos on our fb page as I never put pics of the children on the page. He has a little rucksack with his book and a toothbrush, he has lost a few items on his journey.

Mouse
30-11-2016, 07:04 PM
We have a bear which goes home with the children, we have had it about a year now, he doesn't go home with the children all the time otherwise I think the parents would get a little fed up with it. We also take him out on our trips and use the bear photos on our fb page as I never put pics of the children on the page. He has a little rucksack with his book and a toothbrush, he has lost a few items on his journey.

I like the idea of using a bear in photos. I don't include photos of children on my FB page and sometimes it's difficult to get a decent picture without them in it.

I did think about sending a bear home once but then thought "what will the children actually get out of it?" As they were all under 2 at the time I figured they'd get nothing meaningful out of it at all so scrapped the idea.

As a parent I used to hate the teddy coming from school or Brownies, so I'd only do it if my parents were really keen and if I thought the children would get something out of it.

Pixie dust
30-11-2016, 08:21 PM
I like the idea of using a bear in photos. I don't include photos of children on my FB page and sometimes it's difficult to get a decent picture without them in it.

I did think about sending a bear home once but then thought "what will the children actually get out of it?" As they were all under 2 at the time I figured they'd get nothing meaningful out of it at all so scrapped the idea.

As a parent I used to hate the teddy coming from school or Brownies, so I'd only do it if my parents were really keen and if I thought the children would get something out of it.

I currently have 4 year olds so it works quite well, they like taking him home to look after and two of the families have had a difficult year with family bereavements and one set of parents splitting up so the bear gave them something else to focus on.