PDA

View Full Version : What a wet and windy Monday morning

Mouse
21-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Surely it can't be Monday morning already? I'm sure I've missed a day out this weekend!

We've got a grim start to the day. It's wet, windy and still quite dark. I don't think it's due to get much better either.

So, what's everyone got planned for the week ahead? Anyone started on Christmas activities yet? I try to put it off for as long as possible, but will probably start getting the festive resources out next week. One of our favourite activities is always decorating a little Christmas tree first thing each day. For the last few years the children have been old enough to understand that they can play with the tree here, but not with their tree at home. I'm not so sure the little ones I've got this year will understand that, so I'm expecting a few complaints from parents when their children start stripping their trees!

Pixie dust
21-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Dark, damp and miserable here too but thankful for a dry school run. Only have 1 mindee all day until school pick up so not sure what we will do. Haven't even thought about Christmas activities yet but I know some childminders that have started there calenders/cards already.

mama2three
21-11-2016, 09:22 AM
i have had to make a few decorations already as our community light switch on is this week and the various groups and businesses all decorate a tree in the church , it looks beautiful with all the various trees around the church. other than that Im waiting tll december!!
Awful weather here too , dreary drizzle. One of the 2 primarys has closed due to no heating.welcome to winter

FussyElmo
21-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Surely it can't be Monday morning already? I'm sure I've missed a day out this weekend!

We've got a grim start to the day. It's wet, windy and still quite dark. I don't think it's due to get much better either.

So, what's everyone got planned for the week ahead? Anyone started on Christmas activities yet? I try to put it off for as long as possible, but will probably start getting the festive resources out next week. One of our favourite activities is always decorating a little Christmas tree first thing each day. For the last few years the children have been old enough to understand that they can play with the tree here, but not with their tree at home. I'm not so sure the little ones I've got this year will understand that, so I'm expecting a few complaints from parents when their children start stripping their trees!

It's truly awful here and I think that's it for the day.
Not started on the Christmas crafts yet but have a nice pinterest folder full of them ready to go.
Been such a busy week last week with the dance show there is nothing noteworthy planned to do here today so child free play it is then.

Stay dry everyone and have a good day xx

bunyip
21-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Pity they didn't get this rain in India: might've saved the test match. :(

Ellisha
21-11-2016, 10:04 AM

It really seemed like a short weekend! It's miserable here too. Luckily it stopped raining fur the school run so the LOs got to walk home and splash in puddles.

I made mince pies with my kids at the weekend so feeling a bit festive. I don't suppose I'll start Christmas activities with mindees until December though.

sarah707
21-11-2016, 05:56 PM
We made the most of it and decorated umbrellas! :laughing:

FussyElmo
21-11-2016, 06:05 PM
It's truly awful here and I think that's it for the day.
Not started on the Christmas crafts yet but have a nice pinterest folder full of them ready to go.
Been such a busy week last week with the dance show there is nothing noteworthy planned to do here today so child free play it is then.

Stay dry everyone and have a good day xx

I must admit that the morning was so much nicer than the afternoon/evening.

Brrrrr we were the proverbial drowned rats however I got an early finish so all is good

bunyip
22-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Tell me about it. We got so soaked on the afternoon school run: everything, right down to the undies. :(

This is exactly why I protested about our village school's ridiculous new pick-up times. Year 'R' is released 10 minutes before school officially finishes. Add to that, the junior teachers who then keep mindees in for 15 minutes (presumably because they're incapable of proper time-management when it comes to lesson planning) and we're left standing in the p1551ng rain for almost half an hour.

The head says Year 'R' have to come out early "for safety reasons." He doesn't like them mixing with the older ones. Odd that, because they mix before school, during mid-morning break, lunchtime break, and afternoon break, but somehow home time is unacceptably 'dangerous' for 5 year-old children. I'd love to know the reasoning. :huh:

loocyloo
22-11-2016, 10:15 PM
I must admit that the morning was so much nicer than the afternoon/evening.

Brrrrr we were the proverbial drowned rats however I got an early finish so all is good

I wasn't working, but still got soaked!

I then had several detours for 'my' afterschool activities due to flooding!
Luckily better today but we didn't venture out! I just couldn't face the wrestling into waterproofs and wellies, only to wrestle everyone out of them 10 mins later when everyone was miserable! LOs were all ok, but all a touch sensitive today!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!