PDA

View Full Version : finally filed15-16 tax return!

loocyloo
19-11-2016, 03:21 PM
I have no idea why it has taken me so long, as I had everything to hand, just needed to do a little bit of adding up and put the figures in!

just need to wait for the tax people to wok out how much I actually owe, as I pay on account for the following year, and I am always totally confused about what I'm paying for when! I am hoping that I might actually get a little rebate this year, as haven't earnt quite as much, and my expenses are a little higher.

tulip0803
19-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Well done always a relief when it's done.

I did mine in April because I had to make payment on account and had earnt less - I didn't have to pay the 2nd payment on account and have until January to pay the extra £13 I owe.

I am hanging on to that £13 until January though :p :laughing:

BallyH
19-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Well done, it's on my 'to do' list. I normally do it between Christmas and the New Year.

Maza
19-11-2016, 06:07 PM
It's always a January job for me - as if January isn't depressing enough!

Well done you!

mumofone
20-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Urgh just did my first one, it was horrible! :-( Was thinking it was ok until i got to the class 4 NI contributions on top of the class 2!!! Gutted!

Ripeberry
20-11-2016, 08:28 PM
I've always done mine at the last minute, so a few days before the end of January! :o
I stopped CM in July 2015, so still have March-July of CM income to include and then the income from my cleaning business. Hope the bill comes down at bit. But of course, it won't as the NI needs to be paid as a lump sum now :(

Pixie dust
20-11-2016, 09:17 PM
I have been busy getting this years all up to date as I normal pay some on account but this current year my income has dropped after losing 3 children to school and as of yet they haven't been replaced so I am hoping to get my payment on account reduced as I won't be able to pay it :panic:

bunyip
21-11-2016, 09:41 AM
I always do mine over the Christmas holiday, usually one of the bank holidays.

It's one of those things I need to complete all in one go, with no interruptions. Christmas is ideal for this since the mindees are with their parents, and the grandchildren with theirs. There's little in the way of distractions or reasons to procrastinate: not much worth doing on the allotment; total cr4p on TV; shops either closed or packed with idiots stocking up for a siege (oh no, the shops will be closed for a whole DAY ! What will I do if I've nowhere to buy my 'Essential' organic pre-prepared baby asparagus in 17 different flavours? :panic:); and the pubs full of those amateur drinkers who only come out at Christmas?New Year and start making a nuisance of themselves with unrelenting jollity.

Come to think of it, my tax return is one of the few things that can cheer me up at Christmas. ;)

Ripeberry
23-11-2016, 04:23 PM
I always do mine over the Christmas holiday, usually one of the bank holidays.

It's one of those things I need to complete all in one go, with no interruptions. Christmas is ideal for this since the mindees are with their parents, and the grandchildren with theirs. There's little in the way of distractions or reasons to procrastinate: not much worth doing on the allotment; total cr4p on TV; shops either closed or packed with idiots stocking up for a siege (oh no, the shops will be closed for a whole DAY ! What will I do if I've nowhere to buy my 'Essential' organic pre-prepared baby asparagus in 17 different flavours? :panic:); and the pubs full of those amateur drinkers who only come out at Christmas?New Year and start making a nuisance of themselves with unrelenting jollity.

Come to think of it, my tax return is one of the few things that can cheer me up at Christmas. ;)

Rofl! You do make me laugh Bunyip :D :thumbsup:

loocyloo
24-11-2016, 02:24 PM
I have no idea why it has taken me so long, as I had everything to hand, just needed to do a little bit of adding up and put the figures in!

just need to wait for the tax people to wok out how much I actually owe, as I pay on account for the following year, and I am always totally confused about what I'm paying for when! I am hoping that I might actually get a little rebate this year, as haven't earnt quite as much, and my expenses are a little higher.

HAHAHA ... finally managed to log on and find out how much tax I owe ( now, when you log in, they send a code to your mobile, for you to log in with, as an extra layer of security ... but Monday and Tuesday, the texts never came through! however they did today ) ... and great news, I don't need to pay any tax this year, and I had over paid .... by 39p !!!! :laughing:

but I must remember that all NI class 2 & 4 payments are now taken when you pay your tax, and not monthly! I did know, but had forgotten, sort of!