PDA

View Full Version : Your best outdoor resources

mumofone
07-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Just wondered what everyone considered to be their most played with/best outdoor resources?

moggy
07-11-2016, 09:22 PM
Water
So much you can do with it, all year round.

sarah707
07-11-2016, 09:45 PM
The playhouse - it's all sorts of things depending on which children are playing :D

BallyH
07-11-2016, 09:48 PM
At the moment the balance bikes

FloraDora
08-11-2016, 06:59 PM
At the moment : The digging patch - with spades, rakes, trowels of various designs and buckets - searching for worms is current interest. Add some construction site vehicles or diggers and tractors for different play. Big stones and wood blocks are played with there too.

My fairy garden resources are currently being used too, the fairies are constantly moving planters and garden patch areas.

mumofone
20-11-2016, 08:44 PM
At the moment the balance bikes

I have a balance bike in my shed, what ages are they supposed to be for? ie whats the youngest a child can use one. ive not got it out yet......

mumofone
20-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Water
So much you can do with it, all year round.

What sort of stuff do your kids do with the water moggy?

bunyip
21-11-2016, 09:48 AM
I have a balance bike in my shed, what ages are they supposed to be for? ie whats the youngest a child can use one. ive not got it out yet......

Only one way to find out.....

Put a progression of lo's on the bike at different ages/stages/sizes and see who stays on. Do this in the holidays, and the schoolies can stand by with clipboards and pencils to record the results. Use a PC to conduct a statistical analysis of the results with them.

I swear Ofsted will love this kind of thing. I expect they'd consider a few broken bones a small price to pay for the 'educational' benefit. :rolleyes:

mumofone
21-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Only one way to find out.....

Put a progression of lo's on the bike at different ages/stages/sizes and see who stays on. Do this in the holidays, and the schoolies can stand by with clipboards and pencils to record the results. Use a PC to conduct a statistical analysis of the results with them.

I swear Ofsted will love this kind of thing. I expect they'd consider a few broken bones a small price to pay for the 'educational' benefit. :rolleyes:

Haha, i can imagine they would! I'm not sure I'm "that" childminder though ;-)

I'll dig it out and test it out with the kids....

bunyip
22-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Haha, i can imagine they would! I'm not sure I'm "that" childminder though ;-)

I'll dig it out and test it out with the kids....

:clapping: I think I might be able to manage a go if there's no pedals to complicate matters. That's if my big ar5e will fit in the ssaddle. ;)