PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration needed (arts and crafts)

mumofone
31-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I have some sheets of organza material that I am after ideas on how to use with my mindees..2 and a halfs and under....

I also have some tissue paper I want to use.....anyone tried anything with similar ages that worked well?

:)

Maza
31-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Tissue paper bleeding art is lovely and two year olds can manage it. I do abstract at that age but older ones can make it into recognisable pictures. Basically, they put tissue paper shapes (about 5-10cm sized irregular shapes) onto thick white paper and paint over it with water. It doesn't take long to dry (don't think it has to be totally dry necessarily) and then they peel it off the paper and the dye leaves a lovely effect on the paper.

We also save jam jars and glue tissue paper and sequins/glitter on the outside. They look lovely with a tea light inside them.

FloraDora
31-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Making smelling stations could be a good use for the organza as the smell will come through.

Yoghurt pots or similar - put in spices and herbs make a lid with the organza held on by an elastic band.
Put particularly pungent herbs and spices so they can really smell them.

Start with three, then you can have more...then you can have matching pairs and they have to sniff and find the one that matches.

Tissue is good for simple stain glass shapes...hang on window with sun shining through after.

Making batik like square with organza, using wax crayons and food dye.

There is always scrunching and tearing for finer motor skills too with the tissue.