PDA

View Full Version : How to share photos with parents - any ideas?

Mouse
31-10-2016, 12:35 PM
I usually complete weekly diaries for parents with a couple of photos and a write up on what we've been doing.

I have a new family who don't want a diary, but would like to see the photos. I don't want to print out photos so I'm looking for a way to share them online. I'd also like to include a bit of a write up so I can use it as a development log/ideas for at home etc.

I've never really looked an online systems before but wondered if there's a very basic one available that I could try. I'd prefer free, or very cheap as I wouldn't use many of the features of the all singing-all dancing ones.

Any suggestions?

moggy
31-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Tapestry could do that for you easily. You do have to pay but if your LA has the subscription to the EYForum it is cheaper- you can check it all out here:
https://tapestry.info/

miffy
31-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Can't you just email them with a couple of lines underneath each one?
You could keep them in a folder on your computer so you have a copy and parents could email any comments back to you.

Miffy xx

moggy
31-10-2016, 08:41 PM
I hear people use What's App, or use facebook.

Mouse
31-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Tapestry could do that for you easily. You do have to pay but if your LA has the subscription to the EYForum it is cheaper- you can check it all out here:
https://tapestry.info/

I know our LA used to have a subscription, but I've got a feeling they stopped it a while back. I'll have to look into it.

Mouse
31-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Can't you just email them with a couple of lines underneath each one?
You could keep them in a folder on your computer so you have a copy and parents could email any comments back to you.

Miffy xx

The problem I have is that I can't attach many to an email. I used to do that for another parent, but found that I could only attach a few photos at a time. I suppose I could put the photos into a word document then email that. For daily diaries I do a word document, print it off and stick it in a book, so I might just try emailing it instead. For most diaries I only add a couple of photos and more writing, but for this family I need to limit the amount of writing and show as much as I can in photos, so need more pictures. Hmm...perhaps I've answered my own question :D

blue bear
01-11-2016, 06:22 PM
I watsapp photos daily it works well.

Orbit do a free online journal, the have had issues of late but it is free

BallyH
04-11-2016, 03:57 PM
I watsapp photos daily it works well.

Orbit do a free online journal, the have had issues of late but it is free

I also WhatsApp numerous photos daily and I think it is really good. I've stuck with Orbit and am still using it. It's improving each week. I only print Orbit photos when I complete an observation.