PDA

View Full Version : Any minders looking for work?

SimplyLucy
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Think you should all move to my town!

Just had a phone call from another minder in the town who is giving up and taking a different job on. She wanted childcare for her children, but there no way I can fit them in.

She is yet to hand her notice into her current mindees, so when she does more people will need childcare!

I've already turned down 6 families in the last 2 weeks.

I've juggled and planned and counted, re counted and checked again and again just to be able to fit 2 children in 3 days a week, but managed it. 1 happy mum in the town who has already turned down 3 jobs due to lack of childcare! I've had to use my mum as an assistant just to fit these in though!

It's a nightmare here at the moment, it's only a small town but has 2 nurseries close by that are full and 2 pre-schools that are bursting and now 2 childminders giving up in Sptember!:eek: :eek:

butterfly
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
where are you based Lucy?!!

SimplyLucy
10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Ottery St Mary, not far from you, but a bit too far.

How far out of Exeter are you?

If/when I get more enquiries I'll pass your website address onto anyone that has a job in Exeter if you'd like.

Spangles
10-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Wow it's all go where you are!

miffy
10-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Well it's great to know that there is work out there

You are going to be busy busy busy Lucy!

Miffy xx

Wiggly
10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Great to be so in demand.

Wiggly
x

miss mopple
10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Its the same in my area. Most minders are full and there seems to be no end of phonecalls at the minute. I even had a lady come to see me yesterday about weekend care.

Maybe we should open day nurseries ;) :laughing:

kindredspirits
10-08-2008, 11:13 AM
oh!!! :D we're planning on moving back to barnstaple - but am worried about a lack of work as i've got a few enquiries up here..... dh's sister used to live in ottery st. mary - do you know where i could find private lettings ads??????

anna x

Chatterbox Childcare
10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
What about taking on an assistant or 2 and doubling your numbers?

Debbie

Helpinghands
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can double your numbers with an assitant. Thats what we were told on our ICP as you are the registered childminder, not your assitant.

teacake2
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi, it has suddenly become manic here as well, one childminder has finished so I have her own child to look after, there are no childminders in a village near me and so I have had 4 phone calls in as many days, problems are no childminders or none with vacancies and one of the local nurseries has had very bad reviews and OFSTED have been called in.

I have even resorted to having older children to help out and this is something I have not done for several years (my choice), I had forgotten how hard they can be compared with my little ones.

The parents of the new ones who have contacted me for the little ones have said that they will work round me and work the hours I can do, problem is I have 2 mums on maternity leave and have to fit there babies in in the new year.

Still mustn't grumble, was worried a few weeks ago that I would be out of work soon.

Teacake2:eek: :eek: :eek:

EllieF
10-08-2008, 02:24 PM
In our area assistant childminders can have the same number of children as the childminder they work with but can only occasionally and with the parents permission be in sole charge of the children. This is also dependent on the space you have
Ellie

devoncm
10-08-2008, 02:35 PM
oohh yeah, two minders going i might get some calls then, im in exmouth so not that far, but for some it might be. feel free to point out i have none at mo.

butterfly
10-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Ottery St Mary, not far from you, but a bit too far.

How far out of Exeter are you?

If/when I get more enquiries I'll pass your website address onto anyone that has a job in Exeter if you'd like.

that would be fantastic Lucy!! I'm about 20 mins outside of Exeter and I do start work at 7am so am available for parents who work in Exeter! I don't have any mindees at the moment so have a full time space available for a 1-5 yr old!

LisaH
10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Good luck ladies, nice to see people soo busy.:)