PDA

View Full Version : Been starter resources

Roxy009
20-10-2016, 09:26 PM
I have just registered & moving to a new area next month , I have had an enquiry from a parent wanting care for her 2& month old 3 full days a week plus her 3 year old tonne picked up from nursery at 12 & cares for until 5.30 but only certain days depending on her shift ( she gets these in 3 monthly blocks)
I have a 2 year old myself so would need a double pushchair. Extra car seats. Toys resources. They are both boys the same as my youngest so a bit easier as I have a few things already

Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced double? Toys to get etc. I was hoping for the grant but missed out on that.
I have a welcome pack. Policies, about me doc. Permissions. Is there's anything else I would need?

moggy
21-10-2016, 12:22 PM
One of the fav double buggies is the Nipper Out'n'About 360 double, great with a Lascal buggyboard or buggyboard-seat too. You can push it with one hand and it turns really easily. It folds well but not a really compact buggy. Sturdy and last for years. Older ones are usually a good price on eBay etc.
You need to think about the width of your door if you are bringing it indoors, and think about your local pavements- if very narrow you might prefer a tandem (one in front of the other) or double-decker like Phil & Teds (but not cheap!).

Toys- I would just have the basics like train track, wooden blocks, cars, maybe a garage or castle etc, balls and loose parts like tubes, guttering, planks, fabrics for den building, ride-ons etc. I don't buy specific for a particular child as they will come and go over the years- better to get generic all-rounders like those listed (and in many other posts- do a search). And all the basic creative stuff like paper and paints, chalk, brushes of all types make playdough, collect foil/wrappers/tubs/boxes/tubes etc for creating with.
Hope it goes well!

sarah707
21-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Try to go to a few car boot sales - you'll find all sorts of reasonably priced toys and you can normally pick and choose :D