PDA

View Full Version : Drop off and collection time being the same and possibly being over numbers

mathremuk
12-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Hi,

I have just had a lady sign up to me but her pickup time is exactly the same time (12) as another mindees drop off time. With regard to this I would be over my numbers if this parent turned up late.

Does anyone have kids where this could happen. Should I have made a gap between pickup and drop off. I dont know if this is feasible for the parent though.

Do I just risk assess it? I would have four kids under 5 and no other children. I havent got to leave the house that day and at my registration visit they told me I could have the max amount of kids because I have the space.

I dont want to let this parent down but I want to be right!

Thanks!!

loocyloo
13-10-2016, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I have just had a lady sign up to me but her pickup time is exactly the same time (12) as another mindees drop off time. With regard to this I would be over my numbers if this parent turned up late.

Does anyone have kids where this could happen. Should I have made a gap between pickup and drop off. I dont know if this is feasible for the parent though.

Do I just risk assess it? I would have four kids under 5 and no other children. I havent got to leave the house that day and at my registration visit they told me I could have the max amount of kids because I have the space.

I dont want to let this parent down but I want to be right!

Thanks!!

Not ideal, but if you will only be over for those few minutes over drop off/collection, I would make a note, risk assess and inform parents that you may go over ratio at that time. Explain to the parents that will both be there at midday that they must be prompt to 12.00 timing.
As long as you are not over the 6 under 8, it is not a huge issue.

mathremuk
13-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Not ideal, but if you will only be over for those few minutes over drop off/collection, I would make a note, risk assess and inform parents that you may go over ratio at that time. Explain to the parents that will both be there at midday that they must be prompt to 12.00 timing.
As long as you are not over the 6 under 8, it is not a huge issue.

OK brill will do that thank you!!!

sarah707
13-10-2016, 06:08 PM
You need a gap - we can't take on a new child if it puts us over ratios even for a few minutes :(

moggy
13-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Can you just make one 11.55 and the other 12.05? It is new business so no way to explain it as continuity of care in the child's best interest or a change in parents' needs etc.

samb
13-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Have you signed contracts with the new family yet or is this just in the pipeline?

If no contract yet I'd suggest saying to new parent that their time slot is "until 12 at the latest" and you are already full from 12. Ask if they are likely to need longer and ask if instead you can start earlier?

mathremuk
13-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I haven't signed contracts yet but I know for a fact she can't do any earlier than that but the other parent may be be able to do a five to ten min later slot so I need to talk to them on monday.

I spoke to my development officer today and she said it's not ideal but risk assess it and make it clear to the parent picking up that they cannot be any later.