PDA

View Full Version : my 1st mindee starting on...

emmadines
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Monday, I only have him for the remainder of the school holidays he's 6 years old.

He’s also in my son’s class.

I would like to start of with the 1st week doing things that will help me to get to know him but I don’t know what.....

this is daft as I know what to do with my own kids but now that Imp actually minding I really don’t know what to do :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

p.s hi Im back and had a great time thankyou xcxxxx

Spangles
09-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Congratulations on your first mindee!

How about doing an All About Me book with him? Or, get some magazines together and do a montage with him of pics of things he likes from it? You could get some children's mags, tv mags, toy catalogues, holiday mags, etc? How about asking him if he would like to bring his favourite book or toy or DVD with him to share?

Sorry, can't think of anything else right now - it's very late! Ha ha!

Stacey
10-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I have 3 new children starting tomorrow:panic: . My children and I have been planning activities which will take us right up to when they are back at school. So hopefully it will be enough to keep them all occupied. I will let you know how my first day goes tomorrow evening if I have any energy left:laughing:

miffy
10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Good luck tomorrow Emma and Stacey

Some good ideas from Spangles :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Annie_T
10-08-2008, 09:54 AM
welcome back

do a topic on 'All About ME'

get him draw himself,

make a sheet where he can draaw his fav colour,toy,animal, food etc (a4 page split into titled boxes- so he can draw in them)

all i can think of for now hun

emmadines
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
do you think i should get a small exersise book for the "all about me" bit or just paper??

Spangles
10-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Do you want me to e-mail you what I've got so you can use it as a base?

emmadines
10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Do you want me to e-mail you what I've got so you can use it as a base?

if you wouldn’t mind, I would be very grateful

Stacey
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
That sounds like a great idea. I will do that tomorrow aswel.:clapping:

Stacey
11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I survived my first day with three new children plus my two. I got them to draw some of their favourite things (which was a great idea by the way). We made cakes and went to the park. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good.:)