PDA

View Full Version : Nappy changing

mumofone
06-10-2016, 02:26 PM
What does everyone do about nappy changing? How often do you change children? Do you always do fresh nappies for them to go home in regardless of whether they've had one not long before etc?
The children in my care are changed every 3 hours unless they have a poo in which case immediately obviously and I have been doing a fresh nappy to go home in but wondered if this is a bit OTT?!

samb
06-10-2016, 03:21 PM
I tend to do mine - after school run, before lunch, after nap, before dinner plus more if needed although one has just started in reusables and if you wait longer than 2 hours he soaks through them! Haven't worked out quite how to fit them all in as yet but basically it's every 1 3/4 hours with him!

No I wouldn't change again if they don't need it before going home unless parents have told me beforehand they're going out somewhere and then I think a fresh nappy is nice

FloraDora
06-10-2016, 05:37 PM
It depends on how old the baby/ child is and how sensitive their skin is.
I have a LO who is very sensitive so I change him every 90 minutes or so, depending where we are. After about 2 hours at the nature reserve his bottom is very red just with urine and super quality nappies.

Maza
07-10-2016, 08:57 AM
I agree with what the others have said. You could always check with parents 'just out of interest' to see how often they are changing the nappies at home.