PDA

View Full Version : Doors

Helpinghands
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Hello,

I have just registered for overnight and was wondering if the door to the room your mindee is sleeping in must be open or closed? I have a safety gate fitted there and can not close it.

What do you think?

LittleAcorns
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Hiya

Not sure hun, wouldn't have thought it matters as from a fire point of view you'd have smoke detectors, as long as you could demonstrate your fire evacuation to be effective

Helpinghands
10-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah thats true, thanks x

Pudding Girl
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
In Scotland it would have to be closed, as would every other door in your house, to stop spread of fire/smoke. we also have to have a hard wired meains smoke alaram up and downstairs and also in the bedroom the mindee would be sleeping in.

Have you not got a fire guidance type document that you can access like we do?

sarah707
10-08-2008, 08:17 AM
A standard door gives protection against death in the case of fire and should be kept closed...

A fire door obviously gives longer protection and will have an automatic closer fitted. I have a loft conversion and all my doors aer extra thick and close.

Have you taken advice from the Fire Services?

Helpinghands
10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
In Scotland it would have to be closed, as would every other door in your house, to stop spread of fire/smoke. we also have to have a hard wired meains smoke alaram up and downstairs and also in the bedroom the mindee would be sleeping in.

Have you not got a fire guidance type document that you can access like we do?

Hi,

No I don't, where would I find that?

We don't have to have the hard wired smoke alarm in Cambridge, we just have to have detailed emergency plans and be able to demonstrate these.

Helpinghands
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
[QUOTEHave you taken advice from the Fire Services?[/QUOTE]

No, I think I should :(