PDA

View Full Version : me again! another observation query!

loocyloo
01-10-2016, 05:12 PM
almost 3 yr old playing a board game? - orchard toys Incy Wincy Spider

involving throwing dice/counting dots and then moving spider up drain pipe, then spinning the wheel to see if sunny or rainy!

this has become a favourite game, and LO wants to play all the time.

I've covered all the specific areas, but where does 'playing a board' come? I'm guessing under number, plus relationships, but I can't find taking turns!

THANK YOU!

fluff1975
01-10-2016, 08:58 PM
PSE(30-50): Takes turns and shares resources.
Maths (30-50): matches numeral and quantity correctly. There are loads more of the maths ones which would count too, including saying some number names in sequence

I'm sure there is something in there about concentrating for extended periods of time, which is more than I'm managing - 10pm and I'm knackered after a house full of people for my 9 year old's Macmillan coffee afternoon. My brain is just basically cake at the moment!

:)

loocyloo
02-10-2016, 06:32 AM
PSE(30-50): Takes turns and shares resources.
Maths (30-50): matches numeral and quantity correctly. There are loads more of the maths ones which would count too, including saying some number names in sequence

I'm sure there is something in there about concentrating for extended periods of time, which is more than I'm managing - 10pm and I'm knackered after a house full of people for my 9 year old's Macmillan coffee afternoon. My brain is just basically cake at the moment!

:)

Thank you :-) it was the taking turns one I couldn't find ... You know when you know it's there but can't find it!

Hope your coffee afternoon was successful xxx

sarah707
02-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Early years outcomes doesn't contain all the things children do and say - it can't possibly include everything.

We are asked to use Early Years Outcomes to make 'best fit' judgements and remember EYO is not a tick list :D

Early Years Outcomes is not a tick list..! - Independent Childminders (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/blog/early-years-outcomes-is-not-a-tick-list)

loocyloo
02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Early years outcomes doesn't contain all the things children do and say - it can't possibly include everything.

We are asked to use Early Years Outcomes to make 'best fit' judgements and remember EYO is not a tick list :D

Early Years Outcomes is not a tick list..! - Independent Childminders (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/blog/early-years-outcomes-is-not-a-tick-list)

oh I know, I do use best fit ... but I KNEW 'taking turns' was there somewhere ... I just couldn't find it!