PDA

View Full Version : Morning everyone

Mouse
29-09-2016, 07:13 AM
It looks like it was very quiet on here yesterday. I hope that means everyone was out enjoying the sunshine :D

It looks like we've got another nice day here, so another day in the garden. We do need to pop to the shop for some bread - a 5 minute walk for me if I'm by myself, but it could take an hour with the 2 year old and 14 month old walking and stopping to look at everything on the way. Good job we're not in a rush!

What's everyone else up to today?

Kiddleywinks
29-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Unexpected daytime off yay!
Just morning and afternoon school runs today as littlies have gone on a last minute holiday this morning, so now the dilemma is housework or paperwork?!
Decisions, decisions lol

Ellisha
29-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Unexpected daytime off yay!
Just morning and afternoon school runs today as littlies have gone on a last minute holiday this morning, so now the dilemma is housework or paperwork?!
Decisions, decisions lol

We have a rainy day today. Which is fine by us! This morning we went to our music class and then stayed a bit later as they had a Mcmillan coffee morning. A bit of cake for us all. Now it's nap and quiet time. I finish at 2.45 and my MIL is going to do the school run so I can go for a run - I don't do it often enough!

Hope you're all having good days.

loocyloo
29-09-2016, 11:39 AM
We went to the woods for an explore and had a brilliant time climbing over/under and along logs and tree stumps :-)

It's dry and sunny with huge dark grey clouds scudding past very fast and that very peculiar 'over bright' light you get on days like this!

Maza
29-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Not working today. I went for a run after school run and got caught in a downpour - but I love the rain when I'm in the woods. I need to continue decluttering my wardrobe. I'm doing one shelf a day so that it isn't too daunting. It's a big built in wardrobe/cupboard that holds a lot of DD's clothes, toys, bedding, paper work, toiletries etc. as well as my clothes.

I've got so much bitty admin to do too. I really need to get off here!

mumofone
29-09-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm so whacked by Thursday's and have had enough! Luckily I finish a bit earlier on fridays. Starting to feel ill and rundown too. Sorry - little ray of sunshine aren't I?!

Maza
29-09-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm so whacked by Thursday's and have had enough! Luckily I finish a bit earlier on fridays. Starting to feel ill and rundown too. Sorry - little ray of sunshine aren't I?!

A lot of people round here are full of a cold at the moment. I think it's the start of that season. :( Hope you feel better soon.

Ellisha
29-09-2016, 12:27 PM

It's a tough job, I'm always so tired with this, the housework and my own kids! Hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead and feel a bit better soon.

samb
29-09-2016, 12:34 PM
It's a wet and dull here today. I have brothers here for 11 hours and also a new little one settling for 3 hours. His 3rd time of 3 hours. He's doing 6 weeks of settling a bit at a time. He seems in his own world, bashing around and pulling things out and shrieking (to talk not cry) which really scares the other little one i have. It may only be 3 hours but it's a long 3 hours! I was hoping to get to a park today to see what he's like out of the house but too wet for crawlers. However he's now gone and the brothers are asleep. So I'm having a quick cuppa then going to blow up a load of balloons as it is dd's birthday today. :-) My mum lives a 5 hour drive away and is on her way down for a couple of days and after I finish at 6 we are off out for dinner. I could do with a nap myself lol!

SYLVIA
29-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Rainy morning here. Spent a few hours in a soft play area of a local police social club. Just me and 2 other minders with 5 children between us. This afternoon we played games, read stories and watch the bear hunt DVD doing the actions. I have a new minder here who is 31 months. He has hardly any vocabulary and has developed his own kind of sign language. Whilst doing the actions to the DVD he began joining in with some actions and words. I was so happy to see him being part of the group

Mouse
29-09-2016, 07:07 PM

At this time of year I start taking vitamin c each day and I stock up on echinacea ready to take at the first sign of a cold. I'm sure that's what gets me through the winter.

Maybe you need to try taking it easy and looking after yourself a bit more. Oh, hang on, you're a childminder and mum of a young child - fat chance of getting time to put your feet up in the middle of the afternoon :rolleyes:

mumofone
29-09-2016, 07:21 PM
At this time of year I start taking vitamin c each day and I stock up on echinacea ready to take at the first sign of a cold. I'm sure that's what gets me through the winter. Maybe you need to try taking it easy and looking after yourself a bit more. Oh, hang on, you're a childminder and mum of a young child - fat chance of getting time to put your feet up in the middle of the afternoon :rolleyes:

I've not taken a holiday since I started minding, and even though I like to think I don't need one particularly I think it does mean I get run down every now and then. I've had two instances of being quite poorly since minding which I swear I never used to in my old life.

loocyloo
29-09-2016, 07:25 PM
I've not taken a holiday since I started minding, and even though I like to think I don't need one particularly I think it does mean I get run down every now and then. I've had two instances of being quite poorly since minding which I swear I never used to in my old life.

Oh goodness, you need to take holiday, even if you don't go away, just time with your family and NO mindees is a rest!

Mouse
29-09-2016, 08:10 PM

I know it's hard when you're self employed and don't earn anything if you don't work, but you do need to make sure you have some time off.

mumofone
29-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to hijack this thread with my woe-is-me story!! Xx

mumofone
30-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Not working today. I went for a run after school run and got caught in a downpour - but I love the rain when I'm in the woods. I need to continue decluttering my wardrobe. I'm doing one shelf a day so that it isn't too daunting. It's a big built in wardrobe/cupboard that holds a lot of DD's clothes, toys, bedding, paper work, toiletries etc. as well as my clothes. I've got so much bitty admin to do too. I really need to get off here!

I'm trying to sort my clothes out too. I get so worried throwing stuff out even though I know I will never wear it and am not going to. It's seeing all the space that unnerves me!!