PDA

View Full Version : Initial Inspection for newly registered childminder - help and advice

RainbowSparkles
27-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Hi there,

I am totally new! I am registered with Ofsted but still awaiting my initial inspection so that I can open up shop.

If I am honest, I am pretty scared about the inspection and I would like any advice that could help me better prepare mentally for it. I finished my course last year but had to put up new fences etc... and things take time ... so here I am just waiting...

Any advice ? I read all the big jargon documents but I would like to hear from a human, who has been through the same or similar thing.

Thanks so much for any help. x

sarah707
27-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Welcome :clapping:

It's not that bad - Ofsted are not the enemy ...

Know your safeguarding - Safeguarding questions from recent Ofsted inspections - Independent Childminders (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/blog/safeguarding-questions-from-recent-ofsted-inspections)

Read through the handbook - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551134/EY_and_childcare_reg_handbook.pdf

Take a breath between questions - you'll be great! :D

moggy
27-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Hi there,

I am totally new! I am registered with Ofsted but still awaiting my initial inspection so that I can open up shop.

If I am honest, I am pretty scared about the inspection and I would like any advice that could help me better prepare mentally for it. I finished my course last year but had to put up new fences etc... and things take time ... so here I am just waiting...

Any advice ? I read all the big jargon documents but I would like to hear from a human, who has been through the same or similar thing.

Thanks so much for any help. x

Remember it is not an inspection, it is a pre-reg visit. They are there to get you registered. You can ask them questions, ask their advise about how to do things. You can refer to notes, you can get out a booklet and look up an answer if you need, you can ask for a question to be phrased in a different way. Relax!