PDA

View Full Version : Hello again haven't been on here for awhile

Angela234
16-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Hi haven't haven't been on here for about 18 months ( have had a quick look couple of times) I have still been working but have been planning a big ho l I day l to Florida so been on a different forum :blush:
Does it seem a lot quieter on here now?
Look forward to catching up again
Work wise has gone quiet this month couple children left, I'm holding off taking on more as have a couple small operations coming up and hope to keep working with kids families I have.
I,m going to cut down to 4 day week anyway now full timers left.
Bye for now

mumofone
16-09-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi haven't haven't been on here for about 18 months ( have had a quick look couple of times) I have still been working but have been planning a big ho l I day l to Florida so been on a different forum :blush: Does it seem a lot quieter on here now? Look forward to catching up again Work wise has gone quiet this month couple children left, I'm holding off taking on more as have a couple small operations coming up and hope to keep working with kids families I have. I,m going to cut down to 4 day week anyway now full timers left. Bye for now

I've been on here a year and it does seem to be very quiet on here now. I think lots of people are on Facebook groups. Newcomers don't tend to stick around!

Maza
16-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I've been on here a year and it does seem to be very quiet on here now. I think lots of people are on Facebook groups. Newcomers don't tend to stick around!

I agree, it does seem quiet these days.

Good luck with your operations Angela234. x

Mouse
16-09-2016, 12:06 PM
:waving:

Hello.

It is often quiet on here these days. I sometimes log on at the end of the day and there have only been a few posts all day.

I know a lot of people use the FB page instead now and that's always very busy. I read it, but rarely comment on there. I prefer the anonymity of a username :p I also like that it's easier to get to 'know' people on here. Despite not knowing many people's real life identity, I'd like to think we consider each other friends :D

Good luck with your ops Angela.

mumofone
16-09-2016, 12:08 PM
:waving: Hello. It is often quiet on here these days. I sometimes log on at the end of the day and there have only been a few posts all day. I know a lot of people use the FB page instead now and that's always very busy. I read it, but rarely comment on there. I prefer the anonymity of a username :p I also like that it's easier to get to 'know' people on here. Despite not knowing many people's real life identity, I'd like to think we consider each other friends :D Good luck with your ops Angela.

Haha - I've always wanted to start a thread like "who is mumofone and what does she look like!" to see how real or off our perceptions are!!! 😀

Mouse
16-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Haha - I've always wanted to start a thread like "who is mumofone and what does she look like!" to see how real or off our perceptions are!!! 😀

Go on then, I'll start!!

You're 26, about 5ft 6 tall, slender with medium blond hair (not your natural colour).

Am I close?

mumofone
16-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Go on then, I'll start!! You're 26, about 5ft 6 tall, slender with medium blond hair (not your natural colour). Am I close?

Haha I love it! I couldn't possibly say!! ;-)

BallyH
16-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Haha I love it! I couldn't possibly say!! ;-)

I think about 36 years old, good career behind you (as in an office job - not your current childminding career) and has step children.

Don't shoot.

sarah707
16-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Welcome back! :clapping: The holiday sounds fab!!

The Facebook group is very busy - it's more sedate here and we have discussions rather than arguments :rolleyes:

Both have their place and provide so much support though! :D

FussyElmo
16-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Please the forum can never be quiet when we have citizen Bunyip :laughing::laughing::laughing:

mumofone
16-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Please the forum can never be quiet when we have citizen Bunyip :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Even bunyips quiet and well behaved these days!!!
I miss the lively discussions of old I have to say!

Maza
16-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Me too. I might have to start going out on Friday nights again at this rate. WHERE IS EVERYONE???

FussyElmo
16-09-2016, 08:53 PM

You must have missed his last few citizen rants. But bunyip are rare creatures

FussyElmo
16-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Me too. I might have to start going out on Friday nights again at this rate. WHERE IS EVERYONE???

Now that's a plan come and fetch me we would have a good night out x

loocyloo
18-09-2016, 05:46 PM
It does seem quieter here of late, but I do feel as if I 'know' everyone!

I'm not on Facebook but that's because I don't want everyone to know all my business and I can't really be anonymous like I can on this forum (even though some people here know me in real life)

natlou82
18-09-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi :-), I've definitely been quieter on here of late. Tbh I've been making lots of changes to my business to make it right for myself and my family as I got very overwhelmed with it all and it really started to take over my life! I'm starting to feel better but there's further changes I want to make. I am a member of the FB group but don't really comment and it's a little busy for me on there. I do find it more cosy on here and I am more likely to ask you guys for advice :-)

snortlet
19-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi haven't haven't been on here for about 18 months ( have had a quick look couple of times) I have still been working but have been planning a big ho l I day l to Florida so been on a different forum :blush:
Does it seem a lot quieter on here now?
Look forward to catching up again
Work wise has gone quiet this month couple children left, I'm holding off taking on more as have a couple small operations coming up and hope to keep working with kids families I have.
I,m going to cut down to 4 day week anyway now full timers left.
Bye for now

I come on here most days to see whats new and I much prefer it to the facebook group. It is easier to see Sarah's updates here too. It may be more quiet because on the andriod phone app you cannot start new posts or reply to posts without quoting someone, at least I can't!

loocyloo
19-09-2016, 04:33 PM
I come on here most days to see whats new and I much prefer it to the facebook group. It is easier to see Sarah's updates here too. It may be more quiet because on the andriod phone app you cannot start new posts or reply to posts without quoting someone, at least I can't!

I can start new posts with my android phone ( but its an old phone! one day i'll update it! ) ... If you 'click' on the 'forums' icon at the bottom of the screen, and then 'click' to go into whichever forum you want to post in, you can then 'click' on whatever your phone has to bring up options ( mine is samsung 3 mini ( or something like that! ) and I press the little box with lines in it to left of button at bottom ) it then comes up with 'refresh page', 'new thread', 'mark as read' etc ... click on 'new thread' and away you go! ) Good luck xxx

FussyElmo
19-09-2016, 05:10 PM
I can start new posts with my android phone ( but its an old phone! one day i'll update it! ) ... If you 'click' on the 'forums' icon at the bottom of the screen, and then 'click' to go into whichever forum you want to post in, you can then 'click' on whatever your phone has to bring up options ( mine is samsung 3 mini ( or something like that! ) and I press the little box with lines in it to left of button at bottom ) it then comes up with 'refresh page', 'new thread', 'mark as read' etc ... click on 'new thread' and away you go! ) Good luck xxx

It doesn't work the higher model you have. I struggle while on the app. Sometimes it's easier to open the forum through the Internet but it's too big for my phone so I can't win

loocyloo
19-09-2016, 05:39 PM
It doesn't work the higher model you have. I struggle while on the app. Sometimes it's easier to open the forum through the Internet but it's too big for my phone so I can't win

That's a shame ... I usually use my phone to access the forum.

FussyElmo
19-09-2016, 05:40 PM
That's a shame ... I usually use my phone to access the forum.

It really is especially on the days it's harder to have a laptop out because of little fingers

loocyloo
19-09-2016, 05:44 PM
It really is especially on the days it's harder to have a laptop out because of little fingers

Oh yes ... or when you are standing rocking a buggy to encourage the occupant to stay asleep :-)

Ellisha
19-09-2016, 08:17 PM
I definitely prefer this forum to the Facebook forum and read it everyday. But again can't reply without quoting or start a thread.

samb
20-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Welcome back, hope you had a fab holiday.

I am on the Fb group too but don't often put anything, have hidden it from my newsfeed or it would just be full all the time and then I can just have a look when I have time. I find it interesting but prefer here.

singingcactus
20-09-2016, 03:23 PM
I've had nothing to post since august cos of the house move leading to no children on roll. I've checked in to read posts bt there hasn't been a lot going on, at least not a lot that I can respond to.
Good to see this thread is active though :)

mama2three
20-09-2016, 03:30 PM
I do miss thee busier times many moons ago - angel , pip , pauline blaze penny wibble and many others all helped me become a better childminder , and made me smile and laugh out loud on many many occasions.

mumofone
22-09-2016, 08:07 AM
I found it got loads quieter recently when we sadly "lost" Simona....come back if you're reading! :-)

Pauline
24-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I do miss thee busier times many moons ago - angel , pip , pauline blaze penny wibble and many others all helped me become a better childminder , and made me smile and laugh out loud on many many occasions.

I'm still around now and again and think of you all often xxxxx