PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Chesterfield or surrounding?

JCrakers
08-09-2016, 01:18 PM
My SIL is looking for a childminder but is really struggling to find someone :( She wants childcare from the New year for a baby who will be 9months.
She went to visit the workplace nursery but didn't like it :(

Anyone around the area? :D

mumofone
08-09-2016, 07:30 PM
My SIL is looking for a childminder but is really struggling to find someone :( She wants childcare from the New year for a baby who will be 9months.
She went to visit the workplace nursery but didn't like it :(

Anyone around the area? :D

Sorry this is absolutely of no help and completely off on a tangent so i apologise........ but i always wonder what makes people use a nursery or rather how nurseries work. I have trouble getting just one baby to sleep in a quiet part of my home, how do nurseries get all babies to sleep at the same time if one is screaming?! Also, if they dont like the food thats offered (Highly likely in my experience!) do they get offered an alternative? The problem i had with the nursery i viewed and would have used was it was just so dark and dingy and the staff were disinterested and the whole place lacked any atmosphere or spark it was incredibly depressing. They also had lots of potentially really good things but all were currently out of use etc etc. And they charged a fortune - and their hours were useless!

I am genuinely interested as so may people say their kids love nursery.

loocyloo
09-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Sorry, nowhere near Chesterfield and I don't know of any minders their either.

Some parents like the security of nursery never having to close due to illness of staff and the larger group of children, I knew one mum who didn't want her child to become attached to a caregiver and chose a nursery for that reason. Some nurseries have amazing spaces and resources. Some nurseries are more convenient for work and some are heavily subsidised by employers.

I usually manage to get all my LO s to sleep at the same time, routine and habit!

BallyH
09-09-2016, 07:39 AM
I also know of 2 families who choose nurseries for the same reasons. Didn't want attachment (such a shame!) and thought childminders took a lot of holidays! I try to explain how vital attachment was but that we were very happy to hand them their baby back every evening and also being self employed we loose money by not working but it fell on deaf ears.

mama2three
09-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Im not far away but too far for convenience iyswim. Ill ask around and see if anyone knows anyone in chesterfield though x