PDA

View Full Version : Christmas holidays and expecting my second child

mathremuk
30-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Hello,

So im expectig baby 2 on the 15th dec and ive just started childminding. I have one child under my wing with a mum who is really nice. I explained to her that I will be taking two weeks over christmas and possibly a third depending on how it all goes. I did say I will be there for times when she really needs someone. I feel i want to help my parents as much as possible.

Is it verbally ok to do it this way or should i have this in writing? I need to check my policy.....im sure i have written notice to give ....so should i just write down what im saying on here in my notice? I really cant give dates as i dont know when the baby is going to come!!!

I really dont know how its going to go but im hoping as smooth as my first
....minus the sleep deprivation 😂😂😂. I worked in a care home right until the last couple of weeks before so physically i think i can get through it!

Thanks!!!

Maza
31-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Congratulations! That's lovely news.

Things like holiday dates/notice etc ALWAYS need to be in writing - from both parties - to make sure there are no crossed wires and also because you never know when it can come back to bite you on the bum, so you need to make sure you have proof of what you said/agreed to.

Yours is a bit tricky as you don't know exactly when you need to take time off. Maybe someone will come along with more experience on that one. I'm assuming though, that with regards to Christmas/New Year you will be wanting some time off whether your baby has arrived or not, and so you can at least put those dates in writing asap. x

Bluebell
31-08-2016, 08:29 AM
aww congratulations that's lovely news! I would get in writing that you are expecting to take time off, if you want to offer help if Mum stuck then that's ok but I would also put in writing that this is totally dependent on you feeling ok - like you say you don't know how you are going to feel and it might be awqward if she expects help when you are not up to providing it. Time to your family will feel precious :)

mathremuk
03-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks ladies.

I think im going to put in from my due date until the New Year. I will also put in if the baby comes in early that it may be before that. Ive got a childminder friend who is happy to come work from my house so we can always muddle through the days together before the baby comes and if parents are desparate. I will defo put in writing it will be dependant on how i feel.

Im excited but im dreading newborn days.....more than the birth lol. all those sleepless nights!