PDA

View Full Version : am confused will I be classed as a nanny or minder?

lauraleo
08-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi, I am newly registered childminder, have received my certificate, and am doing the ICP course this weekend. I haven't got any of the insurances in place but now not sure what I need. My friend has asked if I will look after there two girls two afternoons a week, they claim the money back therefore they need my ofsted number, however we have agreed that I will look after them in there home just until we move. Now don't know if I still need to get insurance as won't be cared for in my home, do I need to tell ofsted that I am looking after children in there home, can I use my registration number for this? once I move which could be months I will set up as childminding in my own home as will need to fill other days.
We have agreed that we will write up a contract but not sure what does and does not apply if I care for children in there home now?

am very confused

sarah707
08-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I would ring Ofsted in the morning...

08456 100100

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I agree with Sarah

All sounds a bit complicated to me so its best you get the information correct and from the top of the tree so to speak

Good luck

Angel xx

Angela234
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi sorry i can't advise except agree with Angel and Sarah

Hope it works out ok

Angela

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
sorry cannot help i would call ofsted as sarah advised, let us know what happens.

hazelx

lauraleo
09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
hi, thanks for your advice. I rang ofsted and they said can't use my childminding registration number if caring for children in there home. But I can register for the voluntary childcare register which ofsted also regulate. Its for nannies and home based carers so parents can claim tax credits etc.. already got the crb, first aid and doing ICP so just need to apply and pay a fee for this. finally it makes sense.
thanks again

Blaze
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
hi, thanks for your advice. I rang ofsted and they said can't use my childminding registration number if caring for children in there home. But I can register for the voluntary childcare register which ofsted also regulate. Its for nannies and home based carers so parents can claim tax credits etc.. already got the crb, first aid and doing ICP so just need to apply and pay a fee for this. finally it makes sense.
thanks again

Are you aware that the voluntary register costs £100 to register on?
Tasha:)

lauraleo
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM
yes, was quite shocked when I read that, but the parents have agreed to pay this for me so works out well for both of us.

Lou
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Good luck, hope it all works out for you xx

Rubybubbles
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
yes, was quite shocked when I read that, but the parents have agreed to pay this for me so works out well for both of us.

whoa!! lucky thing:clapping: glad it all worked out for you

deeb66
12-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Catching up with older posts and found this one

Glad you got it clarified and sorted out.

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM

that makes a refreshing change, im pleased or you xxx