View Full Version : whats it called?

30-08-2016, 07:50 AM
I have a 'want' on my resource wish list which is proving impossible to find because I dont know what to search for!!

What Im looking for are those things that all of us had back in the 80s - rectangular frames filled with lots and lots of metal 'nails' that you put your hand in to make a 3d 'sculpture'. I think they would be great for lots of exploratory play - just need to find them!!!

thanks everyone

30-08-2016, 08:15 AM
I can't remember what they are called but I've seen them in Tiger.

30-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks maza - we havent got a tiger here , but will see if they have a web site .

30-08-2016, 08:23 AM

30-08-2016, 08:25 AM
We picked one up at a carboot sale a couple of years ago. It gave us hours of fun!

30-08-2016, 08:40 AM
I still have one from the 80's!
Under supervision the 4 year olds love it, like you say Mouse - just fun and early 3D play.
It still sits on the window sill of our guest bedroom and everyone who stays there I notice, leaves a print - so still entertaining grown ups too!

30-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Thankyou !
working a lot on number recognition at the minute and am convinced that they will love doing number art using it - but it will be equally good alongside all the natural resources / animals ....whatever they choose! Think I need about 4 ..and now I know what theyre called I can shop around.

30-08-2016, 10:40 AM
I got plastic ones from Wilko last Christmas.

31-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Thanks maza - we havent got a tiger here , but will see if they have a web site .

There's one in the big city near you!

Miffy xx