PDA

View Full Version : Interview for HNC in childhood practice. Please help

trickiedickie
26-08-2016, 06:24 PM
I have been asked to an interview for the hnc in childhood practice this Monday. Only got invite this afternoon! Has anyone done this course and can advise me what to expect? I am a bit worried they spring some tests on me. Info on the college site says the interview will be part of the selection process.

It is an evening part time course which started last week. The fact that they are asking me to interview after it has started leads me to think there are definitely still places. It's whether I can get one of the spaces! Panicking now. Any advice greatly welcome.

Oh I am in Scotland and the course was called HNC in Early Years up until this year.

JoRo163
27-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I did this course. The interviews are pretty straightforward. Just an informal chat about what you've been doing, where you want your career to go etc it's to get an idea of your suitability, assess your commitment and ensure you're up to completing the level of work. Nothing to worry about. Good luck!

trickiedickie
27-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks JoRo. Thought it would be that. Just worried they won't know whether I can manage study at that level. Can't find my qualification certificates so a bit worried I can't show them anything on Monday. Not that they asked me to bring anything.

JoRo. Do you mind me asking how hard you found the course? Would you mind if I messaged you asking you some questions about the course? Thanks.

trickiedickie
27-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks JoRo. Thought it would be that. Just worried they won't know whether I can manage study at that level. Can't find my qualification certificates so a bit worried I can't show them anything on Monday. Not that they asked me to bring anything.

JoRo. Do you mind me asking how hard you found the course? Would you mind if I messaged you asking you some questions about the course? Thanks. You will be sorry you were kind enough to answer my post;)

JoRo163
28-08-2016, 12:32 PM
No prob at all. Message away 😃
I won't lie, it was quite intense and took some determination. However, I was younger and not as experienced when I did the course. I imagine, had I had more practical childcare experience, I would have found it easier, but I got there and so glad I did so. Having the HNC has given me a great headstart within jobs I have taken on since and then of course, childminding.

I'm sure you'll breeze the interview. I didn't have to do any tests, just had to say the right things. Let me know how you get on and feel free to message me with any questions.