PDA

View Full Version : Compulsory Forms

mumofone
23-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Hi, please can someone remind me which forms are compulsory to have? Also do we need to have them even if we've never had cause to use them? Thank you :-)

bunyip
23-08-2016, 08:33 AM
In a sense, no form is exactly compulsory, but some become indispensable once you stop to think about various aspects of the job.

We are subject to EYFS and the Childcare Regulations, as well as things like food standards and health and safety legislation. These tend to require us to store specific information (eg. child's name, address, DoB; parental responsibility, etc. - refer to EYFS); or be able to record that information, should the need arise (eg. accidents or consent for medication, etc.) Very few prescribe a particular form: off the top of my head, I can only think of RIDDOR regulations, which will only be needed in very specific circumstances.

Given how much IT people use these days, the concept of "forms" might well be obsolescent before too long (probably making the Bunyip equally outmoded. :D ) I guess we could store all/most of this information digitally, although I personally trust pen and paper a lot more: it tends not to crash/breakdown/go offline so easily.

Take a little time to review EYFS and other requirements of your business, so you are acquainted with the information you need to store, and the other things you may need to be able to record, as and when the need arises. Personally, I prefer to have the appropriate forms ready "just in case". ie. I have complaints forms and RIDDOR forms ready, but have never had need of them to date. That's me. others will prefer to know where they can get such forms when/if needed. This is especially the case with forms that can be readily accessed online: I'm thinking of downloadables from website such as HSE, FSA, childcare.co.uk, and the forum frinstance.

I would not rule out the possibility that a zealous Osfted inspectre might just want to "interpret" certain forms as "an EYFS requirement". They might frinstance rule that you "must" have accident forms ready to use when needed, because it's compulsory to record accidents and their personal logic dictates you must therefore have the means to do so ready for the occasion IYSWIM.

sarah707
23-08-2016, 07:14 PM
I clearly differentiate between statutory and guidance in my free childminder forms here :D

https://www.childcare.co.uk/free-childminder-paperwork