PDA

View Full Version : Question about ratio's again :)

JCrakers
22-08-2016, 01:42 PM
I have a little girl of 6months signed up to start on Monday 3rd October but have just had an enquiry for an 11month old to start asap on the same two days.

Before committing to a visit I've asked the Mum when her little one turns 12m as I know I can only have 1 under 1yr.

I've got a feeling after sneaking a look on facebook that her little girl was born mid October which means there'll be a 2 week problem.

Anyone have any experience of this problem. Are Ofsted very strict about the 1under 12m rule or will a couple of weeks be ok?

sarah707
22-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Ofsted are very strict about 2 under 1 overlap when it's new business... I would strongly recommend you don't do it x

bunyip
22-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Ofsted are very strict about 2 under 1 overlap when it's new business... I would strongly recommend you don't do it x

I agree with Sarah. With babies (and the six under-8's rule) I just wouldn't take any chances. In fact, I wouldn't even have one arrived as the other left. I'd want an absolute minimum 15 minutes in between: at some point or other, the one will almost certainly be collected late when the other has already arrived in my care.

JCrakers
22-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Okey dokey :thumbsup:

Just had an email back and her daughter turns 1 on the 1st and my 6m old minder starts on the 3rd so happy days

Thanks again. Helpful replies for future reference :D

catswhiskers
30-08-2016, 10:40 PM
Glad it turned out ok by two days!

Been on holiday but would have advised you to go ahead with looking after these two under 1's.

You are allowed to use your own discretion and as we childminders are self employed we have to make our own decisions!

It's happened to me in the past and also with looking after twins.