PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding training on childcare.co.uk

gremlin
18-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Hi

Which safeguarding course on childcare.co.uk is the one we need to do every 3 years?

Thanks

FussyElmo
19-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi

Which safeguarding course on childcare.co.uk is the one we need to do every 3 years?

Thanks

Safeguarding still has to be la approved. So you need to give them a call and see if they accept it

bunyip
19-08-2016, 04:39 PM
I asked the same question earlier this year. My local EY team said there was no recommended course, but the course content must cover the requirements stipulated by our LSCB.

This is difficult to check before doing any course, and impossible to check for an online course until you've gone ahead and done it. Not very helpful. I just took a punt and did the Virtual College Safeguarding Children Refresher through childcare.co.uk and the content matched the requirements. But that's the requirements of my LSCB: yours may differ.

I don't think you can repeat the courses (maybe you can when resubscribing to childcare.co.uk - perhaps admin know?) and I'll probably fit in the level 2 version in time for my next inspection just to be doubly sure.

sarah707
20-08-2016, 04:56 PM
I did the top one here - https://www.childcare.co.uk/training - the level 3 one for my own CPD.

My main course as Tina advises was Local Safegaurding Children Board approved then I did the other about 1.5 years later to top up my knowledge :D