PDA

View Full Version : Why bother with toys?

Mouse
17-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I bought a lovely box of wooden building blocks and got them out this afternoon for the 12 month old to play with. I sat on the floor with him, emptied the blocks out and put the box on the table.
He shouted at me to give him the box, then sat for ages putting a car in the box and taking it back out again!

I sat by myself building some lovely towers :p:laughing:

Maza
17-08-2016, 07:23 PM
I had a mindee who would do that all day too at one point. It's a lovely phase.

Today I went to a big park with a lovely playground. DD and her friend (and lots of other families) didn't venture there once - they spent all afternoon climbing the trees near the playground. We have lots of trees where we live but they're not all good climbing trees - when you do find a good climbing tree (or several close together as we did today) they are worth their weight in gold aren't they?!

Mouse
17-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Today I went to a big park with a lovely playground. DD and her friend (and lots of other families) didn't venture there once - they spent all afternoon climbing the trees near the playground. We have lots of trees where we live but they're not all good climbing trees - when you do find a good climbing tree (or several close together as we did today) they are worth their weight in gold aren't they?!

Definitely! I can still remember climbing trees so high that I terrified myself, but still went higher! We've got one good tree at the bottom of our garden and the children love it :)

blue bear
18-08-2016, 05:28 PM

We go to a local. Petting farm regularly, but spend loads of time in the car park climbing trees :)