PDA

View Full Version : Colouring pencil recommendations

mumofone
16-08-2016, 07:37 AM
I bought a couple of sets of colouring pencils from the £1 shop ages ago and unfortunately they are awful! They hardly make any mark/colour. Can anyone recommend me some please? Thank you :-)

FloraDora
16-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Is it for under5's? I find the crayola coloured pencils - jumbo ones are great. Nice size for small hands and
The lead doesn't break when they are dropped on the floor from the table. Good colours too.

Maza
16-08-2016, 08:04 AM
There's nothing more frustrating that a poor quality colouring pencil!

Like Floradora, I would also recommend Crayola. We particularly like the twistables - nice and sturdy and you don't have to worry about sharpening them.

Ellisha
16-08-2016, 08:19 AM
I bought a couple of sets of colouring pencils from the £1 shop ages ago and unfortunately they are awful! They hardly make any mark/colour. Can anyone recommend me some please? Thank you :-)

I have some chunky crayons ones that are good. Someone also bought my DD a pot from Paperchase a couple of years ago that are still going strong a d have lots of different colours. I haven't found the Twistables that great as my DS (when he was about the same age as your son!) twisted them all the way out and broke the bits inside!

sarah707
16-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Tesco chunky pencils are pretty good - but they all get dropped and break after a while ... :/

mumofone
18-08-2016, 06:33 PM
I have some chunky crayons ones that are good. Someone also bought my DD a pot from Paperchase a couple of years ago that are still going strong a d have lots of different colours. I haven't found the Twistables that great as my DS (when he was about the same age as your son!) twisted them all the way out and broke the bits inside!

Lol I've just bought some twistables this afternoon but wont be at all surprised if DS does that exact same thing! Probably!

mumofone
18-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Is it for under5's? I find the crayola coloured pencils - jumbo ones are great. Nice size for small hands and
The lead doesn't break when they are dropped on the floor from the table. Good colours too.

Thanks floradora, yep 2 year olds mostly. Thank you, ive gone for crayola ones, they seem to give a reliable depth of colour, looking forward to trying them out..

mumofone
23-08-2016, 07:32 PM

Just popping back to say I bought the crayola colouring pencils on your recommendation (Thankyou!!) and am really impressed with the depth of colour. Thankyou! :)

alex__17
23-08-2016, 08:00 PM
I thought twistables looked great on a recent pizza express visit, then my 4 year old went on to wind them fully out and break them, not on purpose but because he likes seeing how things work more than colouring, and when they're fully extended its impossible not to break them!
We have felt tips and crayons...may give jumbo crayons a try if I see them but what we have is fine for now