PDA

View Full Version : Good books and methods to teach about private parts

mathremuk
14-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Hello,

Im fairly new and expecting children in September. The concept of teaching young kids about private parts is a bit daunting to me but with my own daughter it absolutely terrifies me the thought of anything bad happening to her or any other child.

I see a lot of online posts about teaching the understanding of whats right and wrong quite early on and I was just wondering what you all do and if there are any books you recommend to help.

Thanks!

watford wizz
14-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Osbourne do a brilliant range that start very simply and build up through the ages.
It's also about teaching them that they have rights to privacy and to say no, but keep it simple and fun we use hoola hoops to teach about personal space, have big pants and bras in dressing up box( to go over normal clothes). Kidscape are also brilliant x

watford wizz
14-08-2016, 09:45 AM
P/S don't forget to practice what you teach asking if they want assistance in the bathroom, not just assuming, giving them chances to say no, asking if they want a hug/cuddle.

mathremuk
14-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Osbourne do a brilliant range that start very simply and build up through the ages.
It's also about teaching them that they have rights to privacy and to say no, but keep it simple and fun we use hoola hoops to teach about personal space, have big pants and bras in dressing up box( to go over normal clothes). Kidscape are also brilliant x

Thanks for that. Do you know what the book range is called by any chance?

watford wizz
14-08-2016, 03:04 PM
My body, the big body book, my body flap book, what's happening to me? If you google Osborne children's books the search my body it bring up lots xx

Bluebell
19-08-2016, 08:17 AM
I used to have this book when I minded before and will probably get another copy - simple to understand and similar to the NSPCC's underwear rule it talks about the swimsuit rule

Your Body Belongs to You | A Mighty Girl (http://www.amightygirl.com/your-body-belongs-to-you)

FloraDora
21-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Not really a useful suggestion but whilst shopping on holiday in Scotland I came across these, which made me smile!