PDA

View Full Version : Does my company name have to have childminding in it

kirstylouise31p
03-08-2016, 07:31 PM
hello
I am currently at the pre reg stage on becoming a childminder and I'm looking into names/logos etc.

Does anyone know if I have to be called e.g. Kirsty's "childminders" or could I be called Kirsty's "childcare"

Also anywhere I can get a cheap logo designed too would be grateful.

Rick
04-08-2016, 06:37 AM
hello
I am currently at the pre reg stage on becoming a childminder and I'm looking into names/logos etc.

Does anyone know if I have to be called e.g. Kirsty's "childminders" or could I be called Kirsty's "childcare"

Also anywhere I can get a cheap logo designed too would be grateful.

As far as I know you can be called anything you like :thumbsup:

sarah707
04-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Think about how you will be found when people do a google search for childminders in their home town...

They will put 'childminder' or 'childcare' into google plus town name - so your website or blog or whatever internet presence you have needs to link to those words but it doesn't necessarily need to be your name :D

moggy
04-08-2016, 07:06 AM
There was a good discussion recently on business names here:
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/general-childminding-chat/138677-ideas-names-childminding-business.html

muffins
04-08-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't have a business name as my name is quite well known in the area, people always recommend me by name on fb groups.

k1rstie
04-08-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't have a business name as my name is quite well known in the area, people always recommend me by name on fb groups.

Same as Muffin. I have a very similar name to you, and I am known as my name. I do have a website, and my website address is town name childminder.com.
I think parents would google your local area and childminder, but on childcare.co.uk and our local FIS, I think your own name is more personable. Also if your parents recommend you to their friends they are more likely to tell another parent your name.