PDA

View Full Version : Attendance registers

mumofone
01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
I fill out my own attendance forms but mark then to the nearest 5 mins eg arrived 9.00, 9.05, 9.10 etc.
Is this ok in ofsteds eyes does anyone know?

BallyH
01-08-2016, 09:33 PM
I fill out my own attendance forms but mark then to the nearest 5 mins eg arrived 9.00, 9.05, 9.10 etc.
Is this ok in ofsteds eyes does anyone know?

I fill my out with exact times, 9.04, 10.52 etc and the Ofsted inspector said something along the lines that is was good to see. Others may have different experiences that is why it is good to ask other opinions.

Mouse
01-08-2016, 09:59 PM
I've always done mine to the nearest 5 minutes and that's been OK.

To be honest, none of the clocks in our house say the same time, so I never really know what the exact time is! To the nearest 5 minutes is close enough!

One thing that's always puzzled me is why do childminders have to record exact times, but nurseries don't? At our school nursery the doors opened at 9.00am (or there abouts) but children could still be arriving at 9.30. Their individual times were never recorded.

loocyloo
02-08-2016, 06:50 AM
I've always done mine to the nearest 5 minutes and that's been OK.

To be honest, none of the clocks in our house say the same time, so I never really know what the exact time is! To the nearest 5 minutes is close enough!

One thing that's always puzzled me is why do childminders have to record exact times, but nurseries don't? At our school nursery the doors opened at 9.00am (or there
abouts) but children could still be arriving at 9.30. Their individual times were never recorded.

Same here re clocks ! And I have often wondered about having to record exact times.
Our primary school has just started recording what time 'late' arrivals arrive .. I was told it was so they could identify a pattern.

FloraDora
02-08-2016, 08:20 AM
This is the requirement :

3.76 Providers must hold the following documentation:
a daily record of the names of the children being cared for on the premises, their hours of attendance and the names of each child's key person;

It partly to do with safeguarding in childminding - evidence of when the child was with you.
Also, not for Ofsted , it helps with your book keeping and any legal chasing you might have to do for payment.
In schools it is also to do with patterns of attendance, I have used late information as part of a picture with social services reviews. Supporting parents etc...

I automatically put the exact time in digital form because that's what I see on my digital clock in the hall. I expect if I had an analogue clock I may be more inclined to round it up.

bunyip
02-08-2016, 05:16 PM
I record arrivals/departures to the nearest 15 minutes. My inspectors have been content with this.

I also keep a record of when MrsB, as assistant, has sole care of any child(ren) with the lo's names against the times.

Maza
02-08-2016, 05:56 PM
I do it to the minute, and I have to admit it was incase Ofsted queried it. They have never commented on it one way or another. Now when I go to work I sign in to the minute and everyone laughs at me - they of course round it up or down depending on if they are coming or going. The other week I was signing out at 5.07 and noticed that the person who had signed out before me had put 5.15. I had a chuckle to myself on that one! x

mumofone
02-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, I love hearing how you all do things. I think I'll stop panicking in this one though, sounds as if u should be ok logging times to the nearest 5 minutes :-)

watford wizz
02-08-2016, 09:09 PM
Keeping your attendance log for the times the children are actually with you is very important. It is a legal document and can be used in court as proof. I have had this twice for CP purposes, to prove children were/were not with me at certain times and also a court case between grandparents and a person living in the nursing home they ran who claimed she had caught an illness from their grandchild. I had the proof that said grandchild was with me, attended regularly for several weeks and so was not sick. Also provided my sickness policy. Was called to give evidence but said person retracted once they new about said evidence so I didn't have to attend court. Phew!

halor
03-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Yup, I round it up to the nearest 5 minutes too. I had my inspection in April and Mrs O was more than happy with it

FussyElmo
03-08-2016, 08:09 AM
I do it to the minute, and I have to admit it was incase Ofsted queried it. They have never commented on it one way or another. Now when I go to work I sign in to the minute and everyone laughs at me - they of course round it up or down depending on if they are coming or going. The other week I was signing out at 5.07 and noticed that the person who had signed out before me had put 5.15. I had a chuckle to myself on that one! x

I write whatever time my phone tells me lol.

Other than our mobiles, laptops and TV we don't have a clock/watch to look at