PDA

View Full Version : Got a new child starting!

Mollymop
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Some of you may remember that I mentioned that I was going to be having a parent visiting today, well she is happy with me so therefore the little cherub is starting on the 1st September. He is 14 months old - i am not used to having babies, my mindees are all 3 and over.
It is only for a monday, so it may affect my vacancies, but hey, you know a lot of mindees are part time so it may work out ok.

Do many of you have children just for 1 day a week??

Another funny thing, I have a parent coming next saturday for care of a 10 month old just for 1 hour a day and 3 on a friday!! - well of course I am going to be charging her double rate for the hour- so it works out over £130 a month and every little helps.

Maybe if it effects my vacancies I could ask Ofsted for a variation for just that 1 hour.

LOOPYLISA
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Well done you, im really worried about this part of it, can i ask wat your routine is when someone knocks at the door? x

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berkschick
09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Well done Sandra!

I have the twins just on a Friday. I also used to have J one day a week.

All my mindees are part time so I actually have 8 mindees on my books but I am full all day, everyday. And the nice thing is that if one leaves its not a huge dent in my income.

Angela234
09-08-2008, 02:38 PM
All mine are p/t, my least under 5 hours have been 1 afternoon a week whilst Mum had some time to herself she later got a job and i ended up having lo 2 full days.

Angela

Monkey1
09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Well done babe! I have one two mornings and one for one one full day a week. I got an variation to cover this as she often had to swap her day

chels55
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
you seem to be doing well Sandra
how many mindees have you got now?

crazybones
09-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Well done honey. :clapping: You never know what one day leads to. :D Hope the other one works out too.

butterfly
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
part time seems to be the norm round here. all my enquiries have been for half days!

Spangles
09-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Wow! You must be really busy by now!

miffy
10-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Congratulations Sandra - hope you get the next one too

I've got three children who all come one day a week (different days) - it might take some children longer to settle if it's just one day but generally I haven't had any problems. I quite like it because it gives me a different mix of children each day.

Miffy xx