PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding visit

dilew
01-08-2016, 04:56 PM
hi,
a young girl who my son knows (she lives miles away) had an infatuation with him (the words of the police)
and she told the police she was going to run away and come and see him (her half sister lives with me and my other son as a couple and her and her sister no longer speak but did at the time) any way long story short they wanted to check that my son had no involvement with her and after checking messages, they found when she started to speak more than you would to a mate he blocked her and that was the end (that was about 4 months earlier)
so after the police looked into it they are more than happy that my son put an end to it.
however police have now dropped the case as the girl has a very troubled back ground and she never said that anything happened either
anyway ss said he is safe, police said he is safe and so have ofsted however because it has had these agency's involved i now have a visit tomorrow from my local safeguarding officer to check my paper work and officially close this case.
has any one had a visit from the safeguarding officer and tell me what is involved please

i have been fine up until today and though well as far as i am concerned i have everything in place but now started to worry and want to know what they may want to see
thanks

loocyloo
01-08-2016, 05:44 PM
hello,

I have no experience of this, or any advice to offer, but it sounds to me that you have everything covered and under control, and you can show/explain this to the safeguarding person who comes to see you.

I expect they will just want to see copies of the paperwork that you hold.

thinking of you.

x