PDA

View Full Version : thinking Of being a Male Childminder North Yorkshire

Gareth Davies
30-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Hello I am thinking of becoming a child minder I have over 13yrs experience working with children as a nursery nurse I am a bit scared as it was hard enough getting into a nursery that liked me any one I got any ideas of what can do to help me in this situation thanks in advance.

sarah707
31-07-2016, 01:05 PM
There are quite a few male childminders - it is definitely a growing profession.

I suggest before you find a local course and do your training you should check to see if there's a demand for childminders in your area... are they full? What to they charge - and is it sustainable? ...

Do your research and then go for it! :jump for joy:

loocyloo
31-07-2016, 01:11 PM
:-) congratulations. There are a few male childminders in North Yorkshire, but I think most (if not all?) work with their partners.
I would give Families Information Service a call and ask for the contact details of the childminder support in your area who will be able to give you a better idea of your area. Also, chat to some local childminders about what the demand is like. In my area of North Yorkshire there are only a few minders and we are all more or less as full as we want to be, but we're not sure if there is demand for any more childminders!

Maza
31-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Congratulations!

As with any childminder you need to think about your unique selling points. What are your strengths? Focus on those. You have 13 years experience of working with young children, so that is definitely a positive.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BallyH
03-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I went to a play area today and there was an energetic dad in amongst the squealing kids and they loved him. It was wonderful to watch. Enjoy your new career.