PDA

View Full Version : random questions

mummyroysof3
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
hi, i have a few silly questions, thought id ask them all together if thats ok

1, do i need stickers on my back door, its full hight but it that patterened glass, im putting the safety film on my internal doors that have the glass panels is that right?
also is there a height i have to do it upto rather than do them all cos it will be fiddly

2,do i need to buy them different coloured chopping boards? i have a smooth glass one which i clean with dettol spray inbetween each different thing i use it for

3, what procedure do i need to use when nappy changing, i clean mat after every use do i need to use gloves and an apron or just wash hands before and after? and also where do i change nappies i just put the mat down on the living room floor

sorry for the daft questions but little things like these keep popping in my head when i reallywant to concentrate on bigger things

charlotte x

LOOPYLISA
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM

1, do i need stickers on my back door, its full hight but it that patterened glass, im putting the safety film on my internal doors that have the glass panels is that right?
also is there a height i have to do it upto rather than do them all cos it will be fiddly

2,do i need to buy them different coloured chopping boards? i have a smooth glass one which i clean with dettol spray inbetween each different thing i use it for

3, what procedure do i need to use when nappy changing, i clean mat after every use do i need to use gloves and an apron or just wash hands before and after? and also where do i change nappies i just put the mat down on the living room floor

sorry for the daft questions but little things like these keep popping in my head when i reallywant to concentrate on bigger things

charlotte x
Hi don,t know how much help i am as ive only just had my pre reg, the inspecter asked e where i will change nappies i said i change my neice on the changing mat on the floor in the room i have for minding she said as long as i spray anti bac after and wash hands thats fine, she didnt mention about gloves its something i forgot to ask her, but would be interested to know x

Saz
09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Good questions I'm sure someone will come along with the right answers.

I only know that my development officer said I would need to put something on my patio doors (even said stick on butterflies - yuk). But when I had my pre-reg the Ofsted inspector did not mention it at all.

LittleAcorns
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Any single pain ie easily breakable must have safety film on, atleast up to the height of a child, I have a 2 glassed panel door and only really needed to do the bottom half, but for the sake of it did both panels, just incase it broke, say if it were slammed (you never know)

Not compulsary, but would show good practice, Im goig to get some, Sainsburies do them reasonablly priced

You must wash the mat with anti bac and wash your hand between each change, again good practice in ofsteds eyes to use gloves apron

theyre not daft questions Charlotte its always good to get other opinions:D charlotte x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wiggly
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM

I had my inspection this week. I changed my mindee's nappy on the floor on the mat in my lounge which is where my own two children were playing. I did wear gloves but not an apron. I washed my hands after and disinfected the mat. Inspector was very happy with this - made no comment at all. At the end of my inspection she said the one thing she was very impressed with was my hygiene levels so I'm assuming what I did was acceptable.

charlotte x

Don't know the answers to your other two questions as I dont' provide meals - mindee's Mum sends hers in with her.

Hope this helps.
Wiggly
x

mummyroysof3
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
hi, thanks for the replies so far, ive thought about something else though sorry

my little boy is potty(its like a chair with an insert) training at the moment is what i do for him ok to do for mindees
after he has used the potty i wash our hands then i use a antibac wipe on the chair bit, take insert upstairs to empty in toilet then wash that in bathroom sink with flash spray wash my hands then put it back on the chair

to take upstairs i would have to leave the children downstairs alone and what if i had 2 children potty training id be doing that all the time how would i find time to do anything else? lol what does everyone else do?

charlotte x

Chatterbox Childcare
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi

How old are your doors? You only need to put the film on it they are old and do not have the glass safety mark - sorry not sure of the date this came in but was at least 10 years ago.

As to your potty - if you don't have a downstairs toilet to use, try the porta potty as you put a nappy sack underneath them and then throw this away once used. That way you could have a nappy bin downstairs that could be emptied daily rather than you running up and down the stairs. Asda sell them for about £5.00.

Debbie

Willowdancer
10-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I can't add anything further that hasn't already been covered above but just wanted to say that for those that are considering getting a set of coloured chopping boards, I got these and they are very good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Furi-Clean-Cut-Cutting-Board-Set-58321_W0QQitemZ280238572862QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m280238572862&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Mrs Ofsted was very impressed with them at my pre-reg inspection, as well as the laminated chart I have blu-tack'd to the front of the cupboard I keep them in so everybody knows which colour to use for what :)

Spangles
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I would have thought that if you have a glass chopping board you wouldn't need to have another one as it's not like a wooden or plastic one that would have scratches in it etc risking contamination. I can't see that it would be a problem to use the one board as long as you clean it properly if you see what I mean?

I have got a potty that you take the liners out of as well, I got mine from Mothercare and it's brilliant but I can't get nappy sacks to fit in it so I have to buy the proper liners at the moment until I figure something else out! Mind you, I haven't got anyone that needs it at the mo so it's currently not a problem. I only have it in the car for emergencies with my little boy at mo!

Willowdancer
10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Lorri - is that one of the Tommee Tipee style travel potties?

If so, I used to use cheap pedal bin liners lined with value sanitary towels from Tesco. Much cheaper than buying the proper liners and worked just as well.

Spangles
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks Ali, I hadn't thought of that! I thought of supermarket plastic bags but they're waaaay too big! I'll try that though.

ChocolateChip
16-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Re changing mat- I also keep an anti bac handrub in my changing box in case I can't leave the room to wash hands (for supervision purposes- with 3 under 3's you never can tell!). The ofsted inspector was pleased with that as she said it showed I had planned ahead and that it was nice to see something that was mentioned in my policies actually implemented-I didn't use it that day, just brought her attention to it.
Writing this has just made me wonder if they look for little bits like that and see if you're actually doing it, iykwim.

singlewiththree
19-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Mrs Ofsted was very impressed with them at my pre-reg inspection, as well as the laminated chart I have blu-tack'd to the front of the cupboard I keep them in so everybody knows which colour to use for what :)

Where did you get the poster from please? I already use red, white, green and a wood bread chopping board, dont have a brown or yellow like we do at work. I could do with a poster though but seeing as I'm the only adult in the house I suppose it doesnt matter too much, but I have to explain to my BF everytime he comes round which one I use for what, he thinks its overkill. Its just what I have been doing for a long time. I got mine from Ikea.