PDA

View Full Version : exhausted!

loocyloo
28-07-2016, 02:08 PM
And still one day to go! AND I only worked yesterday!

Took 5 mindees aged 6 and under to the beach this morning along with DD (11) ... had a wonderful time in the sand and sea, then after lunch it started to rain so we decided it was time to come home. All comatosed on the sofa watching finding nemo (and 18mth old asleep in bed!)
I'm nearly asleep too.

I'd forgotten how much more tiring the holidays are when I don't have to keep to a routine/schedule :-)

Maza
28-07-2016, 02:22 PM
I didn't think you were capable of being exhausted loocyloo! Just reading about your usual schedule/weekend plans is enough to make me exhausted! I thought you had a bottomless jar of energy!

I have never been drawn to living near a beach but this morning, a friend put some photos on FB. She used to live opposite me in London but now she lives by the sea and for the first time ever I thought, mmm, how lovely it would be to live near a sandy beach.

Hope you have a relaxing afternoon!

mama2three
28-07-2016, 02:42 PM
I miss the beach , but the sea air is definitely exhausting!
Weve had a busy few days in the forest and local parks....last day today for 2 weeks:)

loocyloo
28-07-2016, 02:49 PM
I didn't think you were capable of being exhausted loocyloo! Just reading about your usual schedule/weekend plans is enough to make me exhausted! I thought you had a bottomless jar of energy!

I have never been drawn to living near a beach but this morning, a friend put some photos on FB. She used to live opposite me in London but now she lives by the sea and for the first time ever I thought, mmm, how lovely it would be to live near a sandy beach.

Hope you have a relaxing afternoon!

LOL! I wish!:laughing:

the beach is about 40 mins drive away, so not quite down the road, but it's generally an easy drive and I like the beach all year round :D I lived by the beach when I lived in Australia, and it was nice, but I do have a ( not really irrational ) fear of tidal waves, and don't think I could live permanently by the beach.

FussyElmo
28-07-2016, 03:24 PM
And still one day to go! AND I only worked yesterday!

Took 5 mindees aged 6 and under to the beach this morning along with DD (11) ... had a wonderful time in the sand and sea, then after lunch it started to rain so we decided it was time to come home. All comatosed on the sofa watching finding nemo (and 18mth old asleep in bed!)
I'm nearly asleep too.

I'd forgotten how much more tiring the holidays are when I don't have to keep to a routine/schedule :-)

The downside of only working 3 days it seems to be much more exhausting.

I'm feeling it too today after having non and Tues off think my body quite like the 4 day weekend and is rebelling again st being on the go.

Maza I think I would love to live by the beach too but it's over an half away and I do think drive :-(

Mouse
28-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I've only had two 4yr olds here today and I'm exhausted! They both finished early as well! We went for a play in the park this morning then they dodged the rain showers to play in the garden this afternoon.

I would love to live near a beach. I grew up near one but never appreciated it when I was there. I'd love to be able to take the children now though.

BallyH
28-07-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm nearly 3 hours from a beach now. I also lived by the sea as a child. We often went for 'a wee spin' in the car on Sunday evenings and would park the car by the seafront and sit watching the waves whilst licking icecream. Happy days.

SYLVIA
28-07-2016, 05:46 PM
I've had 6 today ranging from 2 to 10. It was the first day for the youngest one n he was brilliant. Spent the day at a police social club playing outside. Had a great time but I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow. I have a 2 and half year little girl who is as good as gold until I have her brother n sister here sometimes. Then she turns into a spoilt little monkey, constantly demanding their attention if they want to do anything other than play with her and nobody else, having tantrums if she doesn't get her own way. It's so wearing.

mumofone
29-07-2016, 09:34 AM
I find childminding funny in that on a good day it can be the nicest easiest job in the works but on a bad day can be the most wearing physically and mentally exhausting thing ever!! I don't think people appreciate how much work it is!

Ellisha
29-07-2016, 02:38 PM
I find childminding funny in that on a good day it can be the nicest easiest job in the works but on a bad day can be the most wearing physically and mentally exhausting thing ever!! I don't think people appreciate how much work it is!

Tell me about it. When you get the right mix of children it makes all the difference! When I have my 3 yo DS and a 3 yo girl mindee it's perfect, when I have DS and a 2.5 yo boy mindee it is truly exhausting!