PDA

View Full Version : Funding for 2 yr olds

mumofone
25-07-2016, 09:59 AM
I currently look after a baby and am wondering if they will be eligible for funding when they turn two (is this as soon as they turn two?). I don't offer funded places and don't plan to so wondered if this would mark the end of their time with me and also didn't know how I could ever broach the subject with the parents of them being funded at aged two. I've no idea if they will be or if parents have thought about it etc. Any advice appreciated x

FussyElmo
25-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I currently look after a baby and am wondering if they will be eligible for funding when they turn two (is this as soon as they turn two?). I don't offer funded places and don't plan to so wondered if this would mark the end of their time with me and also didn't know how I could ever broach the subject with the parents of them being funded at aged two. I've no idea if they will be or if parents have thought about it etc. Any advice appreciated x

There is a certain criteria to be met to receive 2yo funding. It does depend on the patents earnings. It's also the term after they turn 2

mumofone
25-07-2016, 11:45 AM
There is a certain criteria to be met to receive 2yo funding. It does depend on the patents earnings. It's also the term after they turn 2

Yeh this is what I thought so I feel like if I enquiry with the parents that they might be offended as I'm basically saying "how much dyou earn?!"

How much do they have to be earning below dyou know?

moggy
25-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Yeh this is what I thought so I feel like if I enquiry with the parents that they might be offended as I'm basically saying "how much dyou earn?!"

How much do they have to be earning below dyou know?

All the criteria are here:
https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds

It says:

Eligibility for 2-year-olds

Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you get one of the following:

Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Universal Credit
tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

they’re looked after by a local council
they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
they get Disability Living Allowance
they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order

sarah707
26-07-2016, 07:30 AM
In Cheshire east the LA writes to all eligible parents and suggests places they can go to access the funding - childminders and nurseries...

I suggest the parent contacts their LA - someone there will have a list :D