PDA

View Full Version : First aid questions at inspection

mumofone
21-07-2016, 03:09 PM
I keep reading reports that state the inspector asked the provider about first aid at their inspection but does this just tend to be where childminders have previously got inadequate or needs improvement etc for not having first aid at all? Or do they routinely ask first aid questions at an inspection?

moggy
21-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Never heard of that. Inspectors are not qualified to test first aid, surely!? They will check that you have your certificate but that should be as far as it goes, I believe.

FloraDora
21-07-2016, 07:25 PM
As Moggy said, they check that you have paediatric first aid, they are not qualified to do any more.
The only thing I can think of is if the inspector has witnessed a first aid incident and is not happy with the procedure/ emergency first aid they saw??

catswhiskers
21-07-2016, 09:30 PM
I've never known inspectors to ask questions about the ins and outs of first aid - they just ask to see your first aid certificate and this is all that's needed to say somebody has passed the required two day course.

Bluebell
23-07-2016, 08:13 AM
I had an inspection with children not on roll and she asked me first aid questions - she asked how i dealt with it and how i responded - ie did i record in accident book, she tested I knew what to do in cases of serious accident or injury - ie reporting to Ofsted etc. It wasn't really a check on first aid it was more that i knew the procedures i followed, but i did end up giving her examples of first aid incidents i had dealt with and what i had done. I was previously good but now as had no children present am a 'Met'