PDA

View Full Version : Website photos

halor
19-07-2016, 07:18 AM
M updating my website and I'm planning on using some photos of the mindees. I have only chosen children who's parents signed the photo permission form and have ticked the box about using on my own website. Someone said I may still not be able to do this due to safeguarding issues. What do you think?

mumofone
19-07-2016, 08:44 AM
M updating my website and I'm planning on using some photos of the mindees. I have only chosen children who's parents signed the photo permission form and have ticked the box about using on my own website. Someone said I may still not be able to do this due to safeguarding issues. What do you think?

Could you cut their heads off so you just their hands or feet or whatever to indicate what they may be doing?
Or I've seen photos on websites that say "photos displayed with parents permission"....

halor
19-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Could you cut their heads off so you just their hands or feet or whatever to indicate what they may be doing? Or I've seen photos on websites that say "photos displayed with parents permission"....

Good idea! I'll either day with permission or maybe blur photos :-)

BallyH
19-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Good idea! I'll either day with permission or maybe blur photos :-)

Or what about taking more accurate photos, close up shots, of activities etc so you get a little chubby hand or the back of a small head to show what you do. I would also show the parents of the children involved just for ease of your mind and double clarification.

mumofone
19-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Or what about taking more accurate photos, close up shots, of activities etc so you get a little chubby hand or the back of a small head to show what you do. I would also show the parents of the children involved just for ease of your mind and double clarification.

That's what I meant :-)

FloraDora
19-07-2016, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't put a child's face on my website....especially if it also has my address on it too, though these days just a photo of the setting means someone could find it easily.......whether parents sign or not.
But then I wouldn't put a child on Facebook and millions of parents and childminders do this...
Once a photos is out in the public domain...it could go anywhere, be used by anyone....
A child's face is not going to attract new business to you ....but showing a variety of activities and like Bally H says, put it in context with a hand or back of head...